Att Dooi

Go down

Att Dooi

Post by emerald on Thu 21 May 2009 - 9:46

Hope i am not out of line, but if you don't mind me asking. why you would like to adpot when you are so young. Don't know your history, but if you would prefer not to discuss it, it is fine and i will understand.

emerald
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1530
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Att Dooi

Post by nattie on Thu 21 May 2009 - 12:54

Emerald,

Don't mean to hi-jack your post here...I'm even younger than Dooi is and we adopted. I think that everyone has their "limit" as far as infertility is concerned.

We ttc when we were young. We were ttc on treatments for 4.5 years...we reached your limit and God led us on the journey of adoption.

It was meant to be, and after being on the waiting list for a mere 5 months, we had our daughter safely in our arms...

Remember, the "cut" off age for adoption is 40, so it isn't very old - especially considering that you can get "lost" in doing treatments, each month saying "that's our last" or "just one more time"

My dear friend has this on her blog: Which ever way motherhood comes, it's a miracle!

Hope this helps, Dooi, now you can give your view on it Smile

xxx
nattie

Number of posts : 122
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-08-29

http://www.thehenmans.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dooi on Thu 21 May 2009 - 13:21

Hi girlies, thanks Nattie, you almost sum everything up for me...

Well Emerald... here is our story. (my mom and her brother was also adopted)

Me and Dh married for 4 years on the 17th of September this year. So.... 2005 we started seeing a gynae. They put me on Clomid for 2 times with NO luck, not even one follie. Then after a few months they say I must go for a Lap and I did in Jan 2006. they found out I've got PCOS, very badly. Then they put me on Clomid again for a month with no luck. FS said that they want to put me on another treatment, but instead I went to my bossed FS in Medfem Jhb. There the doctor said we must decide on what to do and we agreed upon IVF, so we did one IVF protocol. That was unccessful because they've discover I am insulin resistant. Then I got some pills which I use every single day and go on a Low GI diet. I lost a few kg's... FS said we must try IUI, we did that 3x with NO luck. Then we decided to take a break, well, that didn't work as well. then we consider IVF again but have no money for it. Then one of my friends suggested a FS at Kloof hospital. We went there, and he said we must do another Lap, did one on the 18th of December last year. Found "mild" Endo, removed it and then found out that my blood was too thick, I'm now on Ecotrin 80mg once a day AS WELL!

We are not ttcing from February.. with NO luck! We've done everything possible. Don't know what to do anymore. Me and dh just think that we are NOW ready for children, to have a family and take care of our babies. But that is unfortunately not possible at this stage, that is why we are considering adoption, no matter how old we are. We've been married for almost 4 years, together for 8 years.. so we think the time is right to start a family, even if the baby will grow in our hearts and not in my tumm.....

This is our story. Hope it's enough info.... otherwise, feel free to ask more!

xxx
Dooi
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10660
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by emerald on Mon 25 May 2009 - 12:04

Please do't this that i was being judgemental in any negative way. I jwas just curious and i understand completely. The road of infertility is long and emotional and not forgetting costly. I waited 13yrs before i was blessed with my twins. I think that you guys will make wonderful moms and any child will be blessed to come into your homes. Thanks for letting me know, and once again, sorry if i was getting too personal.

emerald
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dooi on Mon 25 May 2009 - 12:11

Nope, you were not personal at all. I understand and are used to telling my story for others. Doesn't bother me.

How did you get your twins, natural? Sjoe, what a looooong time to wait!!
Dooi
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by emerald on Mon 25 May 2009 - 12:16

No, we went the IVF route.

emerald
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dooi on Mon 25 May 2009 - 12:24

Sjoe, that is sooo nice, It would be lovely to have twins!
Dooi
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by emerald on Mon 25 May 2009 - 12:35

Yes, they r a great joy. Tell me, will you still TTC or will you stop after the adoption. Also, how long does the process take.

emerald
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dooi on Mon 25 May 2009 - 12:39

I don't know yet... will c how fast it goes. I will not stop, will ttc again soon after the adoption, maybe give myself and dh 4 months time and then begin again!
Dooi
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by nattie on Wed 27 May 2009 - 5:23

Hi Emerald...you didn't offend me...

We stopped ttc while we were on the list - I need to be on the pill due to endo and PCOS. We haven't started thinking about ttc again yet...possibly at the end of the year. If nothing happens naturally, we will adopt again

And awesome on your twins! That's wonderful Smile

xxx
nattie

Number of posts : 122
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-08-29

http://www.thehenmans.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down