Hi everyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi everyone

Post by Nikki Smythe on Wed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:15

Hi Ladies,

I read the issues that some of you have and suddenly mine seems so trivial. My husband and I got married in November and we wanted kids even before we got married. I had already come off the pill in August so that we could try for a honeymoon baby but nothing happened. I work with kids so needless to say I became more and more broody. At a routine check-up with my gynae, and some blood tests, she picked up that I do not ovulate. I was devastated. She started me on Femara and now we wait. It is just so depressing and every time I see a baby or I take a pregnancy test, I end up despondent. My husband says I must stop thinking about it and it will happen but it doesn't make me feel any better.

Nikki Smythe

Number of posts : 26
Mood :
Registration date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi everyone

Post by LilianJ on Wed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:19

Hi Nikki and welcome to OPM!

Aaah I am sorry to hear. I also was unable to ovulate and was put on chlomid but was too strong for me. Then went on fertomid. That helped and I have a beautiful 5yr old boy. We are now trying for Nr 2.

All the best and I hope you will join us in the other lounges. Things are a bit quiet here, but most people pop in and out.
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2594
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Smythe on Wed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:33

Thanks so much Lilian. It's really great to hear that you have a little one and that the meds were a success. It definitely eases the mind a bit.

Nikki Smythe

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by LilianJ on Wed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:48

Trying to conceive comes with its challenges. But you get the biggest reward!

I hope and pray you have your BFP soon!
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2594
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kajol on Wed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:55

Hi Nikki,

welcome, and hope you will find some useful advice here.
it's a difficult road....we conceived our 4 year old easily, but second time round has been challenging, I also don't ovulate now....I've just done a round of femara also, so waiting to see what happens...

crossing fingers for u, please keep us updated

kajol
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3626
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Smythe on Wed 4 Mar 2015 - 13:19

Thanks so much Kajol. I think I am going to definitely find this forum very helpful. Seems like there are so many lovely ladies here and who are going through the same as me and in some cases, even worse. I felt like I was the only one going through this. It's actually a relief to know that my situation is not abnormal and now I have lots of people to talk to that know how I feel. Good luck with your second one. Holding thumbs for you as well. Smiley

Nikki Smythe

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lameez on Thu 5 Mar 2015 - 5:13

Welcome and I hope and pray that you get your BFP soon, everyone on this forum has had different challenges with ttc and each one deals with it in different ways but the support here has always been amazing. Once again welcome and I hope your BFP happens soon. I have a long history so hope that somewhere down the line I will be of assistance. I am a PCOS sufferer which means I do not ovulate either but I have bigger issues than that though.
Lameez
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4427
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://twinkles-thewhole9yards.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Thu 5 Mar 2015 - 10:22

Hi and Welcome.
I could not conceive for 8years but through the grace od God I have 2 girls.
I have gotten through some of my hardest times on this forum, it is a good support structure.
Hope you find all the answers that you are looking for here.
ALL THE BEST XOXOXOXO
Natasha
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4976
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Smythe on Fri 6 Mar 2015 - 4:29

Thanks so much everyone. I am already finding this forum helpful as it is full of ladies who know what I am going through. I went back to gym yesterday and I am changing my diet so that at least I don't look at that and say, what if that was the problem. Just trying to stay positive! You ladies all seem so amazing and I know that I will get the most wonderful support from this forum.

Nikki Smythe

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Haz on Fri 6 Mar 2015 - 14:29

Hi there. I battled to conceive my second baba (first one we had without even trying 2 months after we go engaged) so I didn't know I had a problem until we tried... We tried for 4 years.

Have you had your thyroid checked? Sometimes its something that you wouldn't usually link to fertility problems. I picked up 30 kgs because my thyroid was whacked and it took two years to pick it up - once that was sorted, then I was given the all clear to start trying, another two years and eventually I went for all sorts of blood tests, I had to lose weight, it wasn't a huge amount that I lost about 7 kg's and it made a huge difference to how I reacted to the glucophage that they put me on, I was then put on fertomid and conceived in the first month.

Sometimes its not just the meds, you need to really make sure your body is in the right "state" - I changed my whole eating habits, exercised and I think once my body was healthier they responded to the medication better.

I also don't ovulate and can go months without a period, as in like 10 months ... or have a period every 20 days...

Haz

Number of posts : 126
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Smythe on Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 4:42

Hi Haz,

Sorry, for some reason I couldn't connect through the iPad at home.

I have had my thyroid checked dozens of time but it always comes back normal. I have picked up a lot of weight, i am insulin resistant. I am now on Glucophage and it seems to be working. I still battle with my weight and I'm in a job I don't really like. I have now changed my out look on life, I am shutting out all the negativity in my office, I'm eating healthy and I'm gyming again. I already feel a difference within myself. Plus after nearly 10 month of my husband being unemployed, he has now started a really great job so things are looking up. I am praying that things start falling into place now.

The one thing I don't understand is that, if you don't ovulate, you shouldn't really be having periods. Your situation makes sense, where your period is all over the place. Mine is generally spot on. So, we shall see, maybe my stress levels were really throwing my system out but now that things are looking up, maybe it will sort itself out! Smiley

Nikki Smythe

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alleycat on Tue 10 Mar 2015 - 7:44

Welcome and good luck!

The ladies are wonderful and will carry you through this walk of trying to have a baby. If it was not for the ladies here I would of lost my mind!

Hang in there xxx
Alleycat
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4372
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Smythe on Thu 12 Mar 2015 - 5:05

Thanks so much Alleycat! These wonderful ladies are already making things seem not so bad!

Nikki Smythe

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele S on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 6:37

Welcome Nikki

Wishing you well with your TTC journey and hoping you get that Big Fat Positive (BFP) soon!

Adele S
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 735
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Smythe on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 7:18

Thanks so much Adele!

Nikki Smythe