Moving in their own rooms....

Go down

Moving in their own rooms....

Post by Natasha on Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 14:16

Hi moms....
I need some advice pleassssseeeee.
I am trying to get the girls out of my room and into their own how do I do that,as they keep on coming back to our room and creep up
quietly into our bed.
Imagine I have a 3 and 4 yr old sleeping in the same bed as us......never thought it would go so far.....
I am planning on doing their room more girly but will that help them to sleep in their own rooms.
I guess I was too scared of intruders coming into our house and in their room and hurting them at night that's why I did not do it sooner.
Natasha
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4976
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving in their own rooms....

Post by LilianJ on Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 14:35

Hey Natasha,

What worked for us -

Zeke fell asleep in his room, alone. We left him there. If he comes during the night to our room, we take him to the toilet and then back to his room. The more he comes the more we take him back. It is exhausting, BUT if you keep at it they get the picture. hubby and I took turns. Eventhough Zeke only wants daddy during the night.

I also jazzed up Zeke's room. I let him choose a theme and we went with that. He had Mickey Mouse bedding and curtains and accessories. He loved his room. It does help if they choose what they want their rooms to look like. At the moment he has CARS in his room.

Zeke has been in his own room and bed for so long now, I actually miss having him next to me when dh is working graveyard shift. (part of the reason we had problems)

Consistency is also key here. You have to be consistent. We hanged a belt over Zeke's room dorr, LOL. Scared him shitless to think that we will give him a hiding. We never got to use it Smile

Good luck. Not an easy task.
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2594
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 7:11

Thanks Lills.
My first step is too do up the room that they will love to be in and I think its back to sleepless nights cause I have to start putting them back in their rooms when they creep up next to us lol.
Natasha
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by LilianJ on Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 7:36

It doesnt last that long, LOL..

Other thing I forgot to add, find a routine that works for you.

Our new routine - We eat sometime between 6h30 to 7pm. 7pm tv goes off. He goes to bath while I clean up a bit. Then he can sit with us till 8pm. Then 8pm its into bed. He almost immediately falls asleep as he is dead dog tired after his long day. He wakes up anytime between 6am and 7am. And he does not have a nap during the day.
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by LilianJ on Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 7:37

Friday night we have "Varkie aand". He does not have to bath and can watch tv till about 8pm. By 8h30 he is fast asleep!

Friday he also gets to choose his reward for being a good boy and sleeping in his room.
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 8:19

Wow love that idea-reward night.....
I will try that,thanks a mill....
Natasha
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alleycat on Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 9:49

Agree with Lil, going to be hard but also think it is the only way. I was lucky Gen went over to her big bed at a very young age and never comes to our room BUT if she could only sleep better ..... I am guilty again by getting into her bed at night when she cries herself awake and takes long to fall asleep again Smile

Good luck
Alleycat
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4372
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 11:36

Lol we all are guilty of that AC.
Natasha
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by LilianJ on Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 12:02

I actually did not like getting back into bed with Zeke in his room. I sat on the floor, and fell asleep sometimes. But I just refused to make him used to me next to him. At the end of the day, do what works for you.
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down