Ditching night bottle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ditching night bottle

Post by Desperate C on Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 19:48

Hi Ladies

Need some advice on how to get my madam to ditch her night bottle. She absolutely refuses to drop it.

Not on formula. So in her bottle is just plain milk. But she flat out refuses to go to sleep without it. She will be 3 in February, and I think it's way past time she dropped it.

Don't know if it's relevant, but with our big move to the Netherlands in September, any progress with potty training has gone out the window. She's happy to use the big girl toilet at nursery school, but also refuses to use it at home.

Am beyond frustrated. Any advice/help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Desperate C
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1118
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Ditching night bottle

Post by Kerryw on Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:25

I would not worry too much about the bottle at night if she is using it to sooth herself to sleep. I would worry if she wants milk during the night. She is not that big yet.

About the potty training let her settle down first, it is a big stress to move not only house but country. Let her do what she needs. A good friends daughter refused to poo in the loo she would demand a nappy. But my friend just humored her and at 3 and 1/2 suddenly she was ready.

My boys were only properly potty trained during the day by 3 and night by 4 and 1/2 so lots of time still. They are 5 now and I look back at how small they were at 2 and 3 and realized we stress unnecessarily.
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Desperate C on Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 14:23

Thanks Kerry. It's not even that she self soothes with the bottle. Once she's had her milk (while we reading bedtime stories) she hands it over with no fuss. She just wants her milk from it. She never had sippy cups. Went from only bottles straight to cups and 2 bottles (1 morning, 1 night).

Will wait for the potty training as my parents are coming in a month for 6 weeks, and I'm sure it will disrupt everything again. So will wait until she's 3 in Feb and re-visit the potty training again - unless she decides differently of course.
Desperate C
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 9:17

I think that all sounds fine. I know there are suggestions but really I think pick your battles if she only has two bottles and not at school or out, I don't see a big issue.

Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Desperate C on Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 9:26

Only the 2 bottles kerry. At school she eats whatever they put in front of her. I have walked in and seen her eating a green salad. At home - that counts as poison Smile
Desperate C
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 9:36

AH yes the veggies
Some people here are moving their kids to eat Banting food but I know mine wont enough of the right stuff so I continue to feed them pasta and rice.
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top