V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: why not to smack the science against it

Post by Adele S on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 7:31

I read it but we didn't turn out aggressive? Or is my road rage aggretion thanks to the occasional spank that I got. lol

Nah. I'm not a mother etc etc, we all know the drill but I really do not think that spanking is sooo bad for your child. At the right time for the right reason.

Adele S
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 735
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Haz on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 7:49

Dont agree with it at all - Look if you are going to "beat" the cr*p out of your kids then yes they will turn out to be aggresive people.

But if you give the occasional smack and its not done out of anger and you give you speak about it afterwards then I see nothing wrong with it

Haz

Number of posts : 126
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kajol on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 8:13

I didn't read the whole article, but ditto to Haz.
kajol
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3626
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 8:28

I was (according to my mom) a terrible toddler, one of my moms friends went as far as to call me a terrorist. I got my fair share of hidings, for the right reason. I am everything but aggressive! I was loved and disciplined. I have never had anger issues. Same with my boys, they will be punished, sometimes a good stern talk is good enough but when they deserve it, they get a hiding, afterwards we talk to them, hug and move on. D is one of the kindest souls I know (not only because he is my kid) he has no anger issues. W gets anger outbursts, not because of the occasional hiding, because of the fact that his language/communication skills are still behind but he is still a sweet loving child, who has never hurt any of the kids at school.
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele S on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 8:30

and it is linked to depression? Seriously?

Adele S
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 735
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 8:53

there is a huge difference between spanking aka discipline and abuse! Abuse leaves marks (blue & purple), bruises, physical and emotional. Abuse leads to violent outbursts, depression, eating disorders etc. Hitting a child on his arms, legs, back, abdomen and over the head and in the face, I see as abuse. I strongly believe that a good smack on the bum or hand for the right reasons has never hurt anyone.

I was about 6 years old when I removed a cute note book from someones house without asking, my mom knew I had the book and she asked me about it and I lied. So I got a hiding and after I got the hiding she sat me down and told me that taking other peoples stuff without asking is stealing and that lying about it wrond and then she made me take the book back and apologize. Lesson learnt, I never again took something that did not belong to me.
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 14:22

I am not sure about anything but I watched a friends sister 9 years younger than us never be disciplined till school. And she has turned out perfectly and nice sweet successful confident person. So I am wondering if we all turnout as we would with or without discipline????
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top