Planning the week

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Planning the week

Post by E&E on Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 7:33

The nursery staff had a grumble at me yesterday for the terrible crime of being 7 minutes late picking up Nicola and Alice.

I think childcare situation causes me MORE day to day stress than the world of work. I work three days a week so for the two days I'm not at the Law Centre I look after Nicola and Alice. It is the other two days that are more of a problem because Eve and I are both at work. It is hard to predict exactly when either Eve or I will finish work for the day so it follows that it is hard to have a fixed time to pick up the girls.

But a fixed time (within 5 minutes!!) is what the nursery wants so it can plan its staffing levels.

E&E

Number of posts : 37
Mood :
Registration date : 2014-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Planning the week

Post by Adele S on Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 7:33

Some nurseries have cash fines if you are late.

Adele S
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 735
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LilianJ on Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 7:37

Here they fine us R50 an hour if we late!! Even if it is 5 minutes, you are still liable for the R50.
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2594
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Haz on Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 8:08

We get charged R50 per R15 minutes and an additional R330 per hour because they call out an extra security car.

They have to pay the staff extra time if they stay. I understand if its now and again but some parents do it every day and its not fair on the staff or kids

Haz

Number of posts : 126
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele S on Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 8:09

I suppose it's a difficult situations. Sometimes you as a parent cannot help for unforseen circumstances like accident or traffic lights not working etc but on the other hand, they also work long hours and also want to go home to their children and husbands.

Adele S
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 735
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Alleycat on Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 9:53

Also get fined, I was late for the first time ever this week and I was forgiven with a smile Smile it was also just 5min after the school closed already.

Alleycat
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4372
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Joleen on Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 11:12

Our school is also very strict but fortunately - no FINES!!! However, if we are late dropping off in the morning, they isolate your child(ren) from his or her class and then he or she can join when then the teacher is finished with her lesson. It happened once (we were not given a warning) and I have not had it happen to me. I don't believe any of the moms on that morning have been late again.

Joleen
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2987
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-09-23

http://singlemomtwins.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down