Nanny and leaving toddler alone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nanny and leaving toddler alone

Post by Kirsten on Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 11:05

Hi Moms,

I dont know how I feel about a situation!
I popped home unexpectedly earlier to give Abi a kiss and cuddle on my way to a meeting. As I drove through the gate I saw Abi through the window of her playroom and our nanny is outside hanging washing. She was def out of ear shot to hear if Abi got into any trouble.
I didnt say anything but I really dont know how I feel about my 19 month old being left alone in the house by herself.
Kirsten
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 515
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Nanny and leaving toddler alone

Post by kajol on Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 11:46

Hi Kirsten

I was in the exact position, BUT my nanny was not supposed to be domestic work, she was employed for the sole purpose of being with my baby - I had a separate helper to do the domestic work, so needless to say I was livid when I got home unexpectedly to find my toddler alone whilst she is outside helping the domestic with washing, like wtf...

needless to say I was never at ease from that moment, and found various other things untoward as I made a few more unexpected visits, she was dismissed when my lg was 18 months and she's been in crèche since then.

so no I would not just accept her leaving a toddler my herself. just my experience though
kajol
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3626
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele S on Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 12:27

That's the problem I have with leaving children with nanny's at home. I've heard one too many time a few horror stories about a nanny leaving the little one's unattended etc etc. I would then rather put my child in a day care of creche (and I know it's easier said than done but a lot of people do it). Also, what do you do when the nanny gets sick and can't look at your child or the nanny just decides to leave and you cannot just stay home.

Adele S
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 735
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top