Harties

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harties

Post by B-Bat on Mon 11 Aug 2014 - 21:48

Hi all, hope everyone is good.

We are surviving, hubby works for Ellerines who is owned by African Bank so things are quite stressful at work at the moment with Ellerines being under business resque and African Bank being under curatoship but for now we take things one step at a time and pray that there will be no retrenchments and will still be a salary at the end of the month.

We had booked 2 nights away through a daddy's deals special at a guesthouse overlooking hartbessport dam before the paw paw hit the fan so hopefully there won't be cancelled leave. Any body been in the area and have suggestions of things to do? We have booked tickets for the cableway and bought and booked a groupon special for dinner at the upperdeck.

Anything else anyone can suggest specifically on a Monday or Tuesday? Preferably close to the cBleway as the guesthouse is in the same area.
B-Bat
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3236
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Harties

Post by Kerryw on Tue 2 Sep 2014 - 11:53

HI

I hope you went on your trip - we enjoyed the cableway recently
there is lots to see and do in the area - cant remember specifics now but just google map and you will see.
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Bat on Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 5:49

Thanks Kerry, it was very short but it was wonderful. Hubby said at the beginning of the weekend that we were not allowed to discuss finances and work which he kept too :-)

We didn't do too much as we were only there for one full day but did go up the cablecar and walked around and then sat at the top having a drink and chatting. Then we drove around a bit and went to the dam wall/tunnel and stood on the bridge watching the water rushing down.

Was so nice to not feel like we had to rush to the next thing and be time constrained.
B-Bat
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3236
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top