eczema/rash/skin problems! anyone???? (not just moms)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

eczema/rash/skin problems! anyone???? (not just moms)

Post by Lilly on Tue 29 Jul 2014 - 6:34

Ok so D has battled with allergies/eczema etc all his life but he had a really bad flair up in April and I have had him at the pediatrician, GP, dermatologist and the prescribed steroids/cortisone cream/ointment, antihistamines. Name it and I have tried it! some of the stuff actually brought it under control but it comes back with a vengeance and then the "product" (lack of a better word) that helped no longer works.

I've gone the natural route, omegas, probiotics, essential oil mixtures, natural creams & soaps.

In the last 4 months I have tried:

emuls/dovate (worked - rash came back - no longer effective)
essential oils ('' '' '' )
advantan - not working
diprogenta, 5 days prelone & 5 days celstamine- ( worked best - rash back blah blah same old)

I have tried, allecet, deselex, celestamine, allergex, cetlev, prelone (steroids)

had him back at the GP on Sunday, he developed a bacterial infection under his skin (logic say from scratching, bacteria entering through the broken skin) I now have to apply fuciden H twice a day for a month. I pray this is the end of it. I can see the crazy look in his eyes when he is scratching himself, I cant imagine what he must be going through. Its heartbreaking!

If anyone has any advice, please share and also how to get rid of the awful scaring on his arms, legs. I need this cleared up by summer because I am afraid he might get teased at school.
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: eczema/rash/skin problems! anyone???? (not just moms)

Post by Karien on Tue 29 Jul 2014 - 7:29

Try using Epizone E to wash him in stead of soap. Ask your GP for a prescription for Persivate or Repivate or Fuciden and mix it with Epizone A to put on after bathtime (not 100% sure of ratio's, but I'd say about half a tube of the cream/ointment to a tub of Epizone). Stay faaaaaaaar away from baby oil, it makes it worse. What you can try for the scarring, is Annique's miracle tissue oil. I swear by that stuff!! I can order and post it to you if you want.
Karien
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1531
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by natasja on Tue 29 Jul 2014 - 7:31

Have you tried Dermalex? I have sent them a message on Facebook a while ago and they sent me a few packet samples to try. Great product!
natasja

Number of posts : 342
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey on Tue 29 Jul 2014 - 9:24

Hi, the epizone range is fantastic
Honey
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 683
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Tue 29 Jul 2014 - 15:58

I've used epizone, epi-max but not yet dermalex. Thanks Karien, once the sores are gone, I'll pop you msg for the oil. Without getting too hopeful/excited the fuciden seems to be working (touch wood) red is turning into pink, so the inflammation is obv clearing
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Tue 2 Sep 2014 - 11:50

Have you thought of doing the expensive allergy tests maybe there is something you can eliminate that will help with the exema? I know a friends daughter has just been diagnosed with a milk allergy. OK R3000 later for the tests but if it cuts down on the Drs and chemist bills.

I use the Bee natural range for everything ... and I like it
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Bat on Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 6:01

I was also going to suggest the allergy testing. I was born with ezcema on my face and have suffered my whole life with flare ups and sensitive skin.

I have to be careful which soaps I use for washing me and our clothes as well as creams that have any sort of perfumes etc. Always thought I was allergic to cats and dogs but when we did a skin prick test we found it was everything else I was allergic to except the cats and dogs but they pick up everything on their fur. Haven't yet done the proper allergy test where they check for wheat/gluten etc but have cut it mostly out my diet and have seen a difference in my flare ups so maybe if you don't do the test try to cut things out for a little bit and see what happens.

It makes life more expensive but with my allergies I have to tumble dry my clothes especially tops or anything that goes near my face or I will have a bad flare up because of the stuff landing on the clothes.

I have used mostly cortisone based creams but have used oliatum (my mom brought me some from UK) which was non cortisone based and they do have a baby version now in SA but you normally have to ask at the pharmacist/self med in clicks or dischem.
B-Bat
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3236
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 6:48

We had extensive allergy testing done 2 years ago when D was diagnosed with Asthma and landed up in hospital, unless something new can be added to list, something that came back clear 2 years ago?

The rash started clearing up the moment he started wearing summer clothes, so I am thinking maybe he just need a Vit D boost or the UV rays helped? the itching is also gone and his skin not so dry as it used to be.
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Doogz on Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 10:25

Iv been using the epizone Range as well as epimax, together with dovate! I flare up for anything & so far the dovate controls it! Although I can use it now so I will have to be looking around for something safer & that will help!
Doogz
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 5441
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top