Need some advice please.

Go down

Need some advice please.

Post by LilianJ on Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 8:45

Hi ladies,

Zeke has been complaining that his friends call him a baby or says that he talks like a baby. And one morning he just burst out of tears because everyone says he is a baby… And I felt so bad for him. But he was ok afterwards, I had a chat with him.

Now Zeke is this big bulky boy and bigger than most of the kids in his class.. But he has a very soft voice, and doesn't speak like a baby as he speaks very well…

So yesterday we went to hubby’s sister. Zeke and his cousin is together in Aftercare together. So she tells me that his teacher keeps telling him to stop talking like a baby.

I am not sure how to handle this? Because his teacher is very nice, and always gives us nice reviews. However she is not someone you can actually state your case with. Like you talking to a brick.. We had the book incident before and we realized that we wont get our point across.

So how the hell do I deal with this?

I feel so frustrated and so upset. But also need to keep my emotions in check.. AI..
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2594
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some advice please.

Post by Adele S on Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 10:02

Children can be so freaking mean! I don't know how you as parents keep your cool! FFS!

I have no advice but I really hope that you can sort it out. Poor Zeke  :Sad 

Adele S
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 735
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LilianJ on Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 10:20

Thanks Adele. I dont know how to handle it when he comes home and cry about it. I am not there to protect him. His dad has started teaching him how t o stand up for himself. But Zeke is just a little softy.
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by kajol on Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 10:26

Sorry Lils, this can't be easy, and I'm not sure what advice to offer.
I would encourage you to speak to the teacher though (despite the fact the she is a brick wall).
it also sounds like the fact that she is telling Z to stop speaking like a baby, is encouraging the other kids to cotton on to calling him a baby.

maybe she can use positive motivation to tell him to talk like a big boy?

I hope this is sorted out soon hun.
big hugs to u and Z.
kajol
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3626
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Karien on Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 14:42

Does his aftercare have a headmaster or something? I'd suggest talking to the teacher (painful as it may be) and if that fails, making an appointment with the headmaster/owner/whatever. If at all possible, with the teacher also present. Kids are so impressionable, and even though his friends probably never thought he speaks like a baby, just hearing the teacher say that will make them think he does. 1) It's wrong of her to say it to him in the first place (teachers are supposed to build your kids up, not break them down) and 2) It's REALLY wrong of her to do it in front of other kids!
Karien
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1531
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Tue 29 Jul 2014 - 6:13

I am sorry Lils, coming from kids I can understand because kids are mean but from an adult/teacher it is totally unacceptable! how do they expect the kids not to bully other kids verbally if they are not setting the right example! Its not like Z can help it, his voice is the way it is and he was created that way. I would take it up with her. hugs my friend xx
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LilianJ on Tue 29 Jul 2014 - 7:11

Thank you ladies. I am going to give her a call later. And see what she says. Will keep you posted.

Oh, the school teacher (Gr 0) is also his aftercare teacher. He is besotted with her. He himself has never once mentioned that she tells him to stop talking like a baby. But he always says his friends say he talks like a baby.
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Tue 29 Jul 2014 - 15:42

Shame Lils, hope its all sorted soon xx
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Alleycat on Wed 30 Jul 2014 - 7:36

Good luck Lils maybe rather make an appointment to chat to her face to face, I know it is got to be hard, really hope you get this sorted, he is such a beautiful boy xxx
Alleycat
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4372
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down