Clothes..

Go down

Clothes..

Post by LilianJ on Fri 25 Jul 2014 - 12:11

What do you ladies do with the clothes that your kiddo has outgrown?

I am in a situation at the moment.. My sister took in her grandson, and she cares for him. Most of the things I gave to her for little D... She doesnt work, and cant afford new things for D.

But now my SIL is wanting me to give Zeke's small things to her. Her son is a few months younger than Zeke and smaller than Zeke. I used to give to her as well. But I feel that she can afford to buy her child. And that I can give to those that cant afford? She never gives her small things to me to maybe give to my sis, D is almost 3. And she hardly gives to anyone else, because she lets her child wear the stuff so that there is hardly anything left of it.. Or she buys the stuff way too big for him so he gets a long wear out of it. Never ever thinks of getting something for Zeke. Am I wrong to kind of "expect" her to get Zeke something? Even if its a vest?

She has been hinting for a few weeks now how she is waiting for Zeke's pants that are too small. But all I do is change the subject. I just dont know how to break it to her? Because she ahs started hinting to hubby as well. And he told me that it is my choice and he agrees with me.
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2594
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Clothes..

Post by Alleycat on Fri 25 Jul 2014 - 12:30

I totally agree with you! I would tell SIL nicely that you give the clothes to your sister as she takes care of little D while she does not work and it she wants to take it up the wrong way then she must take a few days to get over it ... but that is just me

I give Gen's stuff to my SIL as she also does not work and I know when she done with it her husband takes it to church and they pass it on to someone else that needs it again, my sister asked that I must keep stuff and I told her straight sorry at the moment these people needs it more ... there was some special stuff that I did save for her but that are different
Alleycat
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4372
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Fri 25 Jul 2014 - 12:37

if I were you I would tell her straight up, that you giving Zeke"s clothes to people who are poor and cant afford to buy new stuff
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LilianJ on Fri 25 Jul 2014 - 12:43

We have both, me and dh, told her this. But it seems she is thick skinned. I just feel bad that her child hardly has nice things because she is too cheap?
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Fri 25 Jul 2014 - 12:45

shame but you need to draw the line somewhere? there is a huge difference between needy & stingy/cheapskate
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by kajol on Fri 25 Jul 2014 - 12:50

I was hoarding all of S's stuff, thinking that I am keeping it for the next baby.
but then it dawned on me that when we do have another LO, I will more than likely buy them mostly their own stuff, so I donated it to a cleaning lady that works at my mum's work, who also had a baba recently, and was in need.

I unfortunately wouldn't give it to someone who isn't in need, and can provide for themselves but prefers to sponge off others...
kajol
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3626
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by LilianJ on Fri 25 Jul 2014 - 13:10

Yes Lilly she is quite stingy.... And I'd rather spend that money on my son, yet she will spend it on going once a week to the haridresser.. A luxury I dont care for anymore because I need to see to the needs of my child. I'd rather do my own hair, lol..
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by LilianJ on Fri 25 Jul 2014 - 13:12

Maybe I am the cheap one?? LOL
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Fri 25 Jul 2014 - 15:03

Nah you not, btw who goes to a hairdresser once a week? I go once every 8 weeks.
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele S on Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 6:46

Nah, I would give it to little D

Adele S
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 735
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Joleen on Thu 14 Aug 2014 - 6:20

I give to those who cannot afford it.
Joleen
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2987
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-09-23

http://singlemomtwins.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Tue 19 Aug 2014 - 12:27

I recently got a whole black bag full of boys clothes still in perfect condition, sadly both boys too big, so gave it a friend who battles financially and her boys (both older than mine) are smaller built, so I am sure she'll be able to use it.
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down