Sleep Apnea in kiddies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sleep Apnea in kiddies

Post by D on Mon 19 May 2014 - 10:43

Good day everyone. I have a question. Have any of your kids been diagnosed with sleep apnea - or do you know any kids that have? I have been reading up on it cos I think Annabelle might have it. They say that kiddies tonsils are bigger and that will block the airways sometimes causing the apnea. A simple removal of the tonsils will solve this. She doesnt sleep through the night - wakes up often. And Ive notices for a while now that when she sleep - she will stop breathing for a few seconds every now and then. Its nothing serious but her breathing pattern isn't constant. I spoke to hubby about this but he doesn't agree with me - so Im just looking to find out if anyone can give me some insight into this.

Thanx and have a great day!
D
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 630
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Sleep Apnea in kiddies

Post by Playgirl on Mon 19 May 2014 - 11:05

HI D my daughter had big tonsils and adenoids and she snore a lot. she also go a lot of throat infections ect. and had lots of problems with sinus and hayfever. so we had it removed when she was 8. now she sleeps a lot better and doesn't snore anymore. it also helped with the infections
Playgirl
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1405
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by D on Mon 19 May 2014 - 13:51

Thanx PG .... it does make sence. Did she also sleep very restlessly?
D
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 630
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Playgirl on Thu 22 May 2014 - 7:08

Yes she did. she sleeps a lot better now and I mean she was a big girl already. The opp is not a big deal at all. although I think docs only do it after 2 years if at all possible as they still need the protection of the tonsils up and till that age.
Playgirl
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1405
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Zee on Mon 2 Jun 2014 - 14:02

Hi D
My son at 2.5 had sleep apnea, exactly how you explained. He would snore, stop breathing for a few secs then gasp for breath and so it carried on the whole night. We took him to an ENT and he advised to remove his tonsils and adenoids. He had been struggling for MONTHS. The day we had his tonsils removed it was like chalk and cheese. The very next night tonsil free, we could not even hear him breath and still today he sleeps as soundly as ever. He is almost 5 now.
Zee
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3182
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Joleen on Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 9:32

The removal of tonsils does play a role in my opinion. The twins both snored and when they were enlarged I took them to an ENT who advised removing them together with the adenoids. I happen to have them at the ENF for their grommets so it was a bonus he checked the tonsils. The op was quick and they both had it done on the same day just after they turned two. Stopped the snoring and it was the best thing ever. Found that they got less sick as well.
Joleen
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2987
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-09-23

http://singlemomtwins.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 10:05

D never stopped breathing but snored really bad, he got tonsillitis every second week, so we had his tonsils removed the week after he turned 2. They also removed his adenoids (caused the snoring), problem solved. His overall health also improved
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top