Making the move from cot to big bed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Making the move from cot to big bed

Post by Kirsten on Mon 5 May 2014 - 13:46

Please assist?

Now that we have baba num 2 on the way, we want to move Abi to a big girl bed for when little brother or sister is here. We still have about a year to do this, as new baba will sleep in a tiny love in the room with us for the first couple months.

I want to know how and when is a good time to start getting Abi used to a big girl bed?
Kirsten
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 515
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the move from cot to big bed

Post by Boo (Sharmein) on Tue 6 May 2014 - 5:51

My LG slept in a cot in our room. We used the cot till about 18 mnths. I then bought her a trainer bed that I also put in my room after taking the cot out. She was still sleeping in our room in her bed for about 4 - 5 months while I was getting her room ready. I finally moved her into her room at just over 2 yrs of age. She moved with the training bed so it wasn't a big adjustment. We always leave the bathroom light on. This helped a lot as the bathroom light helps her room not being that dark. I battled more than her with the move as she was very happy moving to "my kammer". Good luck.

PS: Do not wait too long. It might be a good idea getting this sorted before the LO arrives. She might just want to do everything the LO is doing (like sleeping in your room) and that will make it harder on you and her getting her into her own bed
Boo (Sharmein)
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3146
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top