Lady trying to steal kids in northwest JHB - how to protect?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lady trying to steal kids in northwest JHB - how to protect?

Post by Kerryw on Tue 18 Mar 2014 - 6:43

I am sure you have all seen the news.

My question though is how do you keep your older kids safe. When they are small sure you can put them on a leash or carry them when you are out. But 5 yr olds need some independance and if they are just going to grab them what can you do to prevent it??

I mean they cant not leave the house but you also cant really put a leash on them, and while you can tell them to stay away from strangers what if someone rushes up and grabs them?? Also they still need to be polite to strangers.

I have no good ideas at the moment - I just hope the police catch her and her accomplice soon.
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Lady trying to steal kids in northwest JHB - how to protect?

Post by Aliweb on Tue 18 Mar 2014 - 8:41

I saw an update on twitter that someone had been arrested on Saturday in connection with the attempted kidnappings. Kristen is only 10 months old, but it is such a worry that these people live and exist amongst us. I really don't know how you can balance independence, politeness and safety.

If the security guard at that school hadn't been on the ball, there may have been a different outcome. I can't think of anything worse than having your child kidnapped.
Aliweb

Number of posts : 263
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Haz on Tue 18 Mar 2014 - 9:48

One of the incidents happend across the road from D's school... Luckily the school is aware of it and they have increased the security.

If ANYONE tried to snatch my child - I'd honestly kill them... Drive them over with my car

Haz

Number of posts : 126
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Wed 19 Mar 2014 - 4:20

its scary to say the least, we haven't had any reports of attempted kidnapping/kidnappings in our area for as long as can remember (maybe in the townships?) guess its not that bad living in a small town
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by D on Wed 19 Mar 2014 - 10:49

I was thinking the same Kerry .... What gives a total stranger the right to even think of taking a child ... like a child is a piece of merchandise. it is SICK. And to think if you child gets taken what happens to them? Are the being beaten? Raped? Tortured? .... this world is FULL of sick, sadistic sorry excuses for human beings ....
I dont know what I would do ... I just pray and hope it NEVER happens to me or anyone I know. I also try to be aware of what is happening around me - but things happen so quickly ... my heart goes out to ANY mother who looses a child.

I heard yesterday of a lady that was hijacked at a robot in Moreletta park not too long ago - she had her 15 month old tied in the back seat - she BEGGED the men to give her her baby .... Thank GOD they did - they threw the child to her.

God help us all.
D
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 630
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top