How do I get Annabelle to stop hitting me in he face?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I get Annabelle to stop hitting me in he face?

Post by D on Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 13:48

Hello ladies.

Some advice please. How do I get my daughter to stop hitting me in the face. Sometimes she does t as a game - other times you can see she is doing it on purpose. I dont want to hit her - so I have tried "smacking" her hand - this is a little tap rather than a smack - this doesnt work. I have tried ignoring it .... obviously doesnt work. I have tried saying no and taking her hand and say "saggies saggies" .... she will stroke my face twice then give me a hell of a slap.
I so badly want her to be friendly and not a 'ugly' child - but how do I go about teaching her right from wrong without smacking her?
She does this new thing .... whenever we scold her she claps hands and starts smiling - she knows we go gaga over her when she does this. She is so cute and sweet - its just this thing she does with slapping me ...

Thanx and have a wonderful evening.
D
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 630
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I get Annabelle to stop hitting me in he face?

Post by Lilly on Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 18:46

D did that once, he was about 2 years old and was leaning in to give him a kiss on his cheek and he slapped me and before I could stop myself I slapped him right back (probably not the right thing and I felt terrible) he was in shock for a couple of seconds and started crying but that was the last of it..

I am not saying you should do the same, but she has to learn that it is not a game and that its wrong to hurt people specially mommy! maybe speak to her with a serious voice telling her that her behavior is wrong and unacceptable and if she does it again your are going to hit her back or whatever punishment and follow through with it. She will test the boundaries
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele S on Fri 22 Nov 2013 - 7:22

I would also go for "slapping" back, not bitch slapping but just showing that what she is doing is not right.

Adele S
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 735
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Fri 22 Nov 2013 - 7:48

Nope slapping back will teach her that slapping is what people do.

What I did with Kian, he went through a pase of doing that. I would tell him no it hurts and put him down on the floor instantly. He soon realised if he slaped me he was put down which he hated. I would usaully leave him to cry on the floor for about 20/30 seconds then pick him up and sooth him. It took a few goes but he understood that if he slapped he did not get to be held.
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandri on Fri 22 Nov 2013 - 9:35

Slapping works wonders! I know you will feel bad but it works. Luhan bit me this weekend (I have a blue mark to prove it) but biting back didn't really help, so when he did it again I slapped him and gave him a quick bite, almost a week and he hasn't done it again.

MC - 5 February 2009 (6 weeks)

9 April 2012 †BFP first beta 256 (15dpo), second beta 674 (17dpo), third beta 5544.80 (21dpo), heard the heartbeat on 26 April 2012 (123bpm)

16 November 2013 BFP†first beta 48.3, second beta 119, third beta 263, fourth beta 1583, fifth beta 8240, heard the heartbeat on 3 December 2013 (111bpm)
Mandri

Number of posts : 10058
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://www.mandri-poasaddict.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by D on Fri 22 Nov 2013 - 12:53

Thanx guys!

Mandri - its almost Luhans birthday!!!!!!! Hope he has a special time! Shame!!!!

MWA!
D
Uber Member
Uber Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey on Mon 25 Nov 2013 - 6:40

Zander used to do it, and I warned him if he does it again I'm going to give him the whooping of a life time. He did, and I made good on my promise, and he has never done it again since. You CAN do corporal punishment without teaching your child that "violence" is the answer to everything. I was smacked as a child and it didn't teach me to go around smacking people, it taught me there are boundaries and if i cross them there would be hell to pay.
Honey
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 683
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandri on Mon 25 Nov 2013 - 8:11

I agree with you Honey.

MC - 5 February 2009 (6 weeks)

9 April 2012 †BFP first beta 256 (15dpo), second beta 674 (17dpo), third beta 5544.80 (21dpo), heard the heartbeat on 26 April 2012 (123bpm)

16 November 2013 BFP†first beta 48.3, second beta 119, third beta 263, fourth beta 1583, fifth beta 8240, heard the heartbeat on 3 December 2013 (111bpm)
Mandri

Number of posts : 10058
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://www.mandri-poasaddict.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele S on Mon 25 Nov 2013 - 8:47

Also agree with Honey. I also got the odd hiding when I grew up. These days too often parents just talk instead of just the good old hiding, which works wonders. (and shoot me for this but so many children are totally out of control these days - They lack a smack.)

Adele S
Uber Member
Uber Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Mon 25 Nov 2013 - 8:51

I found with my boys they would take it as ok to do to each other. So I have found other equally strong ways to punish them without hiting.

Time out worked well for us and if they did not want to co-operate they were locked in the bathroom for the 1 or 2 mins of timeout. Worked very well. and finally removing a favourite thing for at least 1 or 2 hours when they were a bit older was extreem punishment to them. Now I just have to mention the option and they listen.

Not that my boys are perfect angels or anythign but I find they listen most of the time. While we had a friends daughter over who gets a good smack now and again and her mom shouts but she is still quite naughty. I was amazed when I asked her not to do something she ignored me and I had to talk louder and more in control to get her to listen. Where my boys would have listened to my first request.
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by D on Mon 25 Nov 2013 - 12:45

I also got hit growing up. Its just different now - I dont know. I have a BIG problem because I will don anything for Annabelle. If I raise my voice and she starts crying I apologise to her! She gave me the biggest slap yet yesterday - I had to smack her hand and she started crying - daddy took her and she wanted nothing to do with me for the next couple of hours .... But yea - this is a work in progress.

When can you start with the time out option? She is still to small for that now isnt she?
D
Uber Member
Uber Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele S on Mon 25 Nov 2013 - 13:11

I think she might be a bit too small for time out. I don't think at 1 year old, they understand time out.

Adele S
Uber Member
Uber Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 12:59

Yup time out worked for us from about 18 months. At one I just put them on the floor if they were naughty. but as I said it took a few goes before he figured anything out.
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top