Advice for 2nd birthday party

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advice for 2nd birthday party

Post by shez24 on Tue 19 Nov 2013 - 6:10

Hi everyone

I need a bit of advice, if you don't mind letting me know what you think. Smiley 

We threw a huge 1st birthday party for my little girl last year, my husband is portuguese so his family is quite large so we ended up spending alot of money hiring a venue with jumping castle etc, decorations, party packs, food etc. This time round, we just don't have the cash nor want to get into debt or dip into our savings.

So we just moved into this house with a divine undercover patio perfect for entertaining and pool. We are thinking of keeping it small this time and inviting only close immediate family, our few friends and their babies and a few of her friends from daycare. Quite simply I just don't know what to do with everyone. Food? Entertainment?

I only know one of the mothers from her daycare and think I should invite maybe 3 of her friends with their mothers. Do I invite them at the same time as our family, knowing how awkward it can be if they don't know anyone? Or do something separate with them in the morning? But I don't want our family to feel excluded so I'm sure they will want to be there too.

Any ideas?

Thanks Smiley 

shez24

Number of posts : 9
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Advice for 2nd birthday party

Post by elleznom on Tue 19 Nov 2013 - 6:50

I don't split it, I have it together. And I only started inviting friends from school from 3 years.

I say have it at home, have it small. Make something easy, a few sausage rolls, maybe toasted sarmies or even just boerewors rolls. Chips and dip and you are set.

We have plain 2L's for drinks, if they want to bring something "stronger" they are free to do so themselves. Then, just enjoy!

*BFP #1! 15/07/2008
1st Beta on 15/07/2008 = 51.2 (4w)
2nd Beta on 19/07/2008 = 258.7 (4w4d)
15/10/2008 - It's a BOY!
Joshua Connor de Villiers born 23/03/2009, weighing 3.21kg, 47cm tall.

*BFP #2! 04/03/2011
1st Beta on 04/03/2011= 225.4 (4w)
2nd Beta on 09/03/2011 = 1293 (4w5d)
26/05/2011 - It's a GIRL!
Marilé Shiloh de Villiers born 09/11/2011, weighing 3.52kg, 48cm tall.
elleznom

Number of posts : 14867
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Tue 19 Nov 2013 - 7:42

when they are still small like 2 you dont need any entertainment just put out a few toys. or some paper and crayons. I mix everyoen together people dont expect to know everyone at a kids party. Also the mommies are usually still so busy chasign after thier LO's it doesnt matter if they dont know everyone.
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by shez24 on Tue 19 Nov 2013 - 8:04

Thanks for your replies. Smiley 

I look at all these photos of all these stunning 2nd birthday parties and it is so overwhelming and I feel a bit down that I can't do the same. We went all out for her 1st birthday and now that I think of it, she didn't even know what was going on, she would have enjoyed it so much more this time round. I stressed so much last time about pleasing everyone and doing as much as possible and the one that I should worry about pleasing is my little girl and she is pleased by the smallest of things.

shez24

Number of posts : 9
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Wed 20 Nov 2013 - 10:21

I find my boys were most excited by the cake the rest of the stuff was not so important to them.
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by D on Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 7:41

Shez24 - Its okay that you went big at her first birthday. I know I am doing the same .... I also know that this first birthday is more of a party for than it is for her .... but when she is old enough to see the pics she will know how special her first birthday was Smile Smile 

I am portuguese too ... and know all about the big family scenario - hahaha. To keep porras happy just make sure there are pasteis de nata, rissois and maybe bifanas. Im sure you know what those are. Having a pool and an entertaiment area at home make it so much easier. Have everything at the same time ... no need to seperate. Im sure you going to make a wonderful second party!
D
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 630
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top