update on the last year...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

update on the last year...

Post by Lallie on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 9:51

So - as most of you remember... My husband soldhis business and we moved to the farm to help DH's parents. they both turn 60 this year and want to retire - thus - DH has become a farmer. IN NAMIBIA!!!!!!!! :affraid 

We live with my PIL. its been 1.5 years now. I've had better days. I miss my house and all my stuff. We expect the architect next month to check out our "space" aand to start with drawing up the plans of our new house. BUT - there is always a BUT... we only extent the house my PIL live in now. I must admit its a huge house and we now live in the "guest"part of the house. it has 3 bedrooms and a bathroom. we share the kitchen and only cook every other day as we take turns. the house is really really big and we will use the part ofthe house we live in now as our guest bedrooms and bathroom. we wont even (hopefully) see each other every day.

We go to town - 250 kms away 1ce a month. sometimes less. :Shocked  I've become a serious online shopper. :Embarassed But, I do like the farm life, just cant wait to have my own home. My MIL does not thik i'm the best wife and mother.. this does not make things easy at all.....

Nina loves living here - the sheep, the hunting, the dogs etc etc. Kempen loves to be outside. I know we will be fine and dandy in the end - but its not easy living with the PIL.

We've also not made a lot of friends. the people around here is much older. the youngest "neighbour"- 40 kms away is 43. the rest is much older. the nearest town is 70kms away and so expensive - I bought a 2kg bag of onions the other day for over R20!

But...... hopefully we can start on our house in die beginning of next year. I'm looking forward to that and actually inviting some of my old friends to come visit for a weekend.

I will post a pic soon. then you can see what the kids look like now.

missed you guys! Consoling 
Lallie
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2750
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: update on the last year...

Post by Kerryw on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 10:01

Wow that is a big move. nice for the kids though. I would also do lots of online shopping.

goodluck
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 10:45

hats of to you, I would go completely insane if I had to share a house with my PIL ,no matter how big the house, its hard enough that we live in one town! but in the end everything will work out perfectly!
I love online shopping, easy and convenient and always cheaper than the local stores!

Please post pics of Nina & Kempen
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by emerald on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 11:17

Most def hats off to you Lallie, i think that you are a very special person to be prepared to move your whole life to assist with PIL as they are getting old. Not very many people will do that, especially with a judgemental MIL. I sure hope hubby appreciates it.

emerald
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1530
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabby on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 11:21

Wow! I have always dreamed of living on a farm - faraway from the rate race where my kids can run and play and get up to mischief outdoors. it is a lifestyle change of note though and I am sure that I would hate not having freinds around.

What are your plans for your kids' schooling if the nearest town is so far
Gabby
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4813
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by elleznom on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 11:35

Sjoe, big move, but sounds so lovely (except for the PIL part) I love mine, but will never cope with living with them!!! blink 

*BFP #1! 15/07/2008
1st Beta on 15/07/2008 = 51.2 (4w)
2nd Beta on 19/07/2008 = 258.7 (4w4d)
15/10/2008 - It's a BOY!
Joshua Connor de Villiers born 23/03/2009, weighing 3.21kg, 47cm tall.

*BFP #2! 04/03/2011
1st Beta on 04/03/2011= 225.4 (4w)
2nd Beta on 09/03/2011 = 1293 (4w5d)
26/05/2011 - It's a GIRL!
Marilé Shiloh de Villiers born 09/11/2011, weighing 3.52kg, 48cm tall.
elleznom

Number of posts : 14867
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lallie on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 6:43

I'm not sosure DH apprechate this as much as I would like - but, i'm here to stay!
Lallie
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2750
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 10:31

I grew up on a farm and DH grew up in a small farming community and that's probably the only reason I like live here, its a small town but still safe enough for the boys to ride their bikes to school, walk to pick & pay! I would give anything for them to experience the farm life, like I did!
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top