Morning mommies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Morning mommies

Post by Alleycat on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 6:27

Hey,

Think I got my first real taste of motherhood, Gennevieve has not been sleeping since last Thursday, we made turns to sleep .... we thought she was busy teething but then on Sunday after church I just could not take it anymore so I took her to the doctor because then she had small little spots in her mouth as well.

Turned out she had bad ear infection, still don't know what was in her mouth but it cleared up with the meds I got from the chemist.  Now she does not want to take her doemsie anymore, I am thinking just to take it away completely but shoe it does help at night when they wake up

But now she still puts up such a performance when it come to sleep time or when she wakes up at night ... I am just not sure if she still maybe has pain in her mouth due to teething (cannot see anything happening in her mouth) or if she now just developed bad habbit of wanting to sleep in your arms ...
Alleycat
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4372
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Morning mommies

Post by Lilly on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 6:56

Alley, both my boys chucked the dummy themselves, if she doesn't want, don't force it! It might be a bad habit, but first make sure the ear infection has cleared completely! Is she eating and drinking properly? If so and she is (infection cleared) follow a strict bed time routine eg. supper, bath, massage, down time (reading, quiet play, no bouncing up & down) cuddle and then bed time, put her down and lightly pat her on the bum saying "shhh shhh" to reassure her. Maybe that will help.
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 7:24

I would leave the dummy if she doesn't want it. Much easier to let go if she does it herself than having to fight over it later. Have never been a dummy fan but Zander liked his, he also let it go himself around 18 months of age.
Honey
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 683
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Alleycat on Thu 22 Aug 2013 - 8:07

She did go to school today with no dummy so will see how it goes, maybe it is a good thing for her to let go of it I just thought that she is still so young (almost 9 months)

At night she very good, we eat supper, then she baths and then bottle, I will put her to bed while still half awake and she will be fine .... but now after the infection she want to fall asleep in my arms while having her bottle, if I try to put her down she cries, it is not so bad at night going to sleep as during the day but at night when she does wake she fights us until she gets her way of falling asleep in our arms in bed.

The night before last night when she was going on my hubby took her, holds her for 1 min puts her in cot, then she cries after few minutes he picks her up again for 1 min then back to cot he did that for few times and eventually she calmed down and fall asleep again.

Alleycat
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4372
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top