Small Bump

Go down

Small Bump

Post by Honey on Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 15:02

Anyone ever listened to Ed Sheeran's song Small Bump?

Very very sad :Sad

A song like this can only be based on personal experience...

This is what was said about the song:
Well, Ed wrote this song for his friend who sadly had a miscarriage at four or five months.
Ed describes the feeling, hopes and exceptions of the newborn, playing the father role who’s into the idea of being a dad.
He’s sure that the baby will be born, that he’s making plans and thinking about what he’ll do when the newborn is brought to life, and also having that direct conversation with the baby.
“I’ll hold you tightly, I'll give you nothing but truth,
If you're not inside me, I'll put my future in you”
“You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight”
“You can lie with me, with your tiny feet when you’re half asleep,
I'll leave you be
Right in front of me for a couple weeks
so I can keep you safe”
Which is sign of the strong bond between the parent and the baby even before the newborn is brought to life (which makes the baby death harder for the parents).
Describing the baby’s features and having the idea that the baby is an angel so when the baby dies Ed says:
“Maybe you were needed up there….”
Still having that direct conversation with the baby even after the baby passed away, which is sign of how strong, deep and maybe special the connection between the parent and their baby, and also a sign that Ed is still confused and can’t believe baby’s death, and also sign of the deep sadness Ed is experiencing.
Also Ed didn’t depend on the power of his lyrics in the song, his performance and the sad tone in his voice created that atmosphere, so that even if you don’t know what the songs is about, you can tell that there’s something wrong.
Honey
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 683
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-12-30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum