First Birthday party ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Birthday party ...

Post by D on Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 11:00

Hello guys. I need some advice. Annabelle is not in creche yet - so she doesnt really have friends yet ... well she is a baby and I guess daddy and i (and Ouma) are her best friends for now - but who do you invite to her birthday party? We have a few friends with babies - but thats like 5 babies a year and under. I have a venue in mind, but am confused cos although I know its HER birthday, it seems like a first birthday is more about the parents that the baby ... Any ideas?
D
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 630
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: First Birthday party ...

Post by elleznom on Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 11:46

I only started inviting friends from school at age 3. For the 1st and 2nd birthday I stuck to close friends and family only.

*BFP #1! 15/07/2008
1st Beta on 15/07/2008 = 51.2 (4w)
2nd Beta on 19/07/2008 = 258.7 (4w4d)
15/10/2008 - It's a BOY!
Joshua Connor de Villiers born 23/03/2009, weighing 3.21kg, 47cm tall.

*BFP #2! 04/03/2011
1st Beta on 04/03/2011= 225.4 (4w)
2nd Beta on 09/03/2011 = 1293 (4w5d)
26/05/2011 - It's a GIRL!
Marilé Shiloh de Villiers born 09/11/2011, weighing 3.52kg, 48cm tall.
elleznom

Number of posts : 14867
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Chantalle on Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 11:52

Same as Monz, 1 and 2 years only family and friends.
Chantalle
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2503
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey on Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 11:54

I wont be much help here as for that very reason we decided not to have parties (especially at venues) until he has a better understanding of the event, which was only this year when he turned four. I know some parents choose to do so because its a special occasion but I dont see the logic in forking out thousands for a venue, cake, snacks for both the parents and the kids and all you have to show is pictures after and a child with no recollection of the day. If I look at my own pics of my first birthday party I feel nothing, so its not like a "awww" moment my parents would have thought it would be for me for me.

The past three years we got him really nice gifts, all of which he still plays with very regularly and to me it felt like money better spent.

That being said, I am not a sentimental person at all with these things, I did not enjoy planning the party we have this year, but I loved how my son loved it. I'll do it again just for him Smile
Honey
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 683
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by LilianJ on Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 12:09

We have family and close friends over. Zeke's first birthday was at a venue, which we didnt pay for. But I also feel that we wasted money. We should have kept it smaller. And because his birthday is just before Christmas makes it a bit more difficult to have a party as people are busy shopping, cleaning or on holiday. Therefore we stick to family and close friends only.
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2594
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanja on Fri 26 Jul 2013 - 7:13

Close Friends and Family. Especially the cousins.
Tanja
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1631
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Alleycat on Fri 26 Jul 2013 - 8:36

was wondering about this myself ... most of our friends don't have kids (choise) and the ones that do are already 5 years and older. We have a small family so the only kids at Genevieve's party will be her sister (7 years), CJ (5 years), Maddy (4 years) and Riley (2 years).

Was also thinking of maybe inviting the people from school, there are 5 babies with her but that also seems so silly, I don't know the parents and if you invite one should you not invite them all

And what about the themes, there are so much to choose from I am just lost with this
Alleycat
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4372
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by D on Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 13:24

Hey AC .... Have any ideas yet? I have a few - but am also very unsure. Thanx for all the replies everyone - being a fist child I just want the best I can give - haha - things can really get out of hand. ANyone seen any Tinkerbell (or Tinkerbell and friends) toys recently - cant find them ANYWHERE ...
D
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 630
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top