Sudden night wakings!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sudden night wakings!

Post by Zee on Wed 15 May 2013 - 8:31

Hi Ladies,

Im not sure what is going on with Brandon but from a baby of 3months old who slept through the night, he is now waking up almost on the hour. He is almost 12months now. He fusses upon waking and starts to cry so I go in and turn him, give him his blanky and bunny and he doses off only to wake after 20min and the fussing/crying starts all over again. I eventually just give in and give him a bottle at around 3am. I really dont want the bottle to become a habit so this is really my last resort but goodness, Im getting so frustrated.
Not sure what the problem is.

Then, I guess I just want some reassurance but Im not used to having such a busy/whiney child. He is generally a very happy, smiley baby WHEN he is doing something he wants but if he doesnt get his way for the slightest thing, its all tears/whining/crying!!!!!!!!! Like this morning for example, he walked into my room, thinking I was there and when he realized I was not, his little arms and legs went STIFF and started screaming, almost tantrum like. This is what he does lately when things dont go his way. Am I raising a terror?
Jared was the calmest sweetest child and now I have a monster to contend with. Crying or Very sad

For those of you who have had very busy children, does it get better?
Do they calm down at some point?
Do they get less frustrated so easily?
Can you actually start to reason with them at some point?

Ai :Sad Im just waiting for the 18month mark!!

Zee
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3182
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Sudden night wakings!

Post by Mandy-Leigh on Wed 15 May 2013 - 8:37

hi Zee, cant really help but maybe he is cold or too warm at night?
Something is definietely bothering him while he sleeps, and I was thinking maybe its temperature of the room?
Mandy-Leigh
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1773
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky on Wed 15 May 2013 - 9:06

I'm also thinking he might be too cold or too warm. Have been having that with my smoodley moodley. I dressed her a lot because she kicks her blankets only to realize that she got too warm and she will be up every hour or so because she was uncomfortable and because of the heat. I can't help with tantrums she's still not there as yet (touch wood)
Twinky
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1060
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by emerald on Wed 15 May 2013 - 10:34

Don't worry Zee, it gets better.

emerald
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1530
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Joleen on Wed 15 May 2013 - 11:01

I also think monitor the temperature. How long before he wakes up after you have put him down?
Joleen
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2987
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-09-23

http://singlemomtwins.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabby on Wed 15 May 2013 - 11:22

Zee Nicholas was also a good sleeper until at some point between 12 months and 2 he started waking up every hour. It was a killer. We were up and down all night. It went on for months. We tried sleeping in his bed with him, putting him in bed with us, etc etc

I am still not sure to this day what caused it. I thought molars so gave him stuff for teething, I thought maybe night terrors so gave him rescue, i thought maybe too hot or too cold so experimented in that regard - and on and on it went with the guessing games.

Sometimes a strategy (ie. teething meds or rescue) would work for a night or two then it would stop working. And on an on it went for almost a year.

Sometime last year when he was 2.5 or so I had enough and I sleep trained him. One week of screaming in the night and that was the end of that. Not sure if that is what sorted him out of if maybe the molars had just come through or he'd just grown out of whatever phase it was.

It was awful and i feel for you. I think can be any one or a number of things that is causing him to wake up. Try everything... Thats the only advice I can give you. It is a guessing game

And ono the whining and busy-ness.... mmmmm - well Nicholas was a quiet contented little soul until about 2 then he started shouting and screaming to get his way.

He also grew increasingly busy and hasnt stopped. He is no 3.5 and he still shouts a lot. He shouts at the dog, he screams at me when he wants things etc etc. It drives me crazy. His teacher says he is good at school. So I dont know. I try the naughty corner, ignoring him and smacks but he is still screams loudly when he is cross or wants his way. Some days I cant take it. I am just hoping that he stops all of the racket when he can communicate properly.

Cameron was also a quiet and calm little boy and I honestly some days dont know how to deal with Nicholas and his tantrums because I never had this with Cameron.

Gabby
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4813
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Thu 16 May 2013 - 13:21

um Zee I think he is too small to worry about the temper and tantrums yet it is possibly also separation anxiety making him behave like that.

The night wakings I agree, try everything , teeth , temperature, blocked nose, hungry, .....

about the busyness ...um dont want to dissapoint you but mine have yet to calm down much at 4.
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top