To "easy"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

To "easy"

Post by Haz on Tue 7 May 2013 - 15:50

We went out to dinner last weekend, just mommy and kids, with a friend who has a child a year older than D (D 4, her child 5).

D needed the toilet and although he can't read yet, he notices signs and full words so if he sees a boy sign he wants to go to that toilet... We were sitting outside the bathroom, and there was only one toilet (one male, one female) per bathroom... I let him go by himself... There was no way he could get past me, he had to walk directly past me and I could also see the toilet door from where we were so I could monitor who went in etc.

I also have let him, when we were at the doctor ( a healthworx centre) go into the mens toilet alone, again one toilet in the bathroom and I stood at the door - waiting for him.

The friend that I went with said that she felt I was being irresponsible as a parent becasue something could happen to him and she would never let her child go the bathroom alone.

Bearning in mind that -
a) I was standing/sitting at the door, so there was NO way anyone could go in or out without me watching; and
b) he promised (and didn't) lock the bathroom door, I could see from where I was.

What are your thoughts and would you do the same, I honestly didn't think I was being irresponsible but now i'm quesitoning myself...

Haz

Number of posts : 126
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: To "easy"

Post by Lilly on Tue 7 May 2013 - 18:36

D is very a private person. I once opened the toilets door while he was busy and he got so upset with me, I have not once wiped his bum, he demanded to do it himself and I respect his privacy.

When we are out and he needs to go to the bathroom, DH usually goes with, if its a big bathroom with more than one toilet, DH goes in and wait inside. If its a one toilet bathroom, DH wait outside.

If the bathroom is unoccupied and you are certain there is no one hiding inside and you can see the door, I cant see why not.

I am not one of those over protective parents who bubble wrap their kids. Yes I am protective and I wont take unnecessary risks
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandri on Wed 8 May 2013 - 7:36

No I don't think you were irresponsible at all! I would also do that because I think it gives them some independent which is good.

Forget about what she said!

MC - 5 February 2009 (6 weeks)

9 April 2012  BFP first beta 256 (15dpo), second beta 674 (17dpo), third beta 5544.80 (21dpo), heard the heartbeat on 26 April 2012 (123bpm)

16 November 2013 BFP first beta 48.3, second beta 119, third beta 263, fourth beta 1583, fifth beta 8240, heard the heartbeat on 3 December 2013 (111bpm)
Mandri

Number of posts : 10058
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://www.mandri-poasaddict.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alleycat on Wed 8 May 2013 - 8:35

I am with Mandri on this one! You were so not irresponsible!
Alleycat
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4372
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LilianJ on Wed 8 May 2013 - 9:25

Yip have to agree with Mo.. YOu teaching some form of independance.. Big ups to you!
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2594
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top