Dewald...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dewald...

Post by Lilly on Tue 7 May 2013 - 12:25

As some of you might remember I posted last year(and this year) about D and his school (pre primary) giving me a hard time about his concentration etc. I had him evaluated in the beginning of the year by an OT and she said that his main problem is: low muscle tone and that caused the day in fine motor developmental and its probably the cause of his poor concentration. His teacher on the other hand felt that all his problems would be sorted if we put him on some form of medication.....

so I started him on a bunch of stuff for concentration (natural) natural stuff (Solal Child multi vitamin, probiotic, Omega 3&6 and Solal PS phosphatidylserine) can take anywhere from 8 to 12weeks before you notice improvement. I kept quiet about the natural stuff, because his teacher is a HUGE fan of medication (she is on Ritalin herself)

I made an appointment with my pead for ADHD evaluation to shut his teacher up but his appointment is only end of June...

yesterday his teacher asked me if we had him evaluated and I said no, his appointment is only at the end of June and then I lied.... I told her the Dr prescribed medication to see if there is any change (trial basis)

oh she says because there is such a huge improvement (I noticed that the negative feed back stopped since the start of the new term)
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Dewald...

Post by Haz on Tue 7 May 2013 - 15:43

D has been on omega since he was 2 our gp actually told me to try it.

I may be stoned for this, but I firmly believe that SO many kids are diagnosed as ADD/ADHD becasue the teachers are to lazy to work with children who have more energy than normal.

I was worried about D because he was playing a game on the Ipad and I know he knew the answer but he still chose the wrong one and was just not concentrating - I spoke to his teacher (at the time) who is a REAL teacher thats main concern is the kids, and she said to me that just because the app says it's for age 3 - 5 doesn't mean that just because D is in that age group that he will be at that level - every child develops at a different pace and has a different strenght and whatever it was that we were doing on the Ipad - clearly was one of his strengths and he was probably bored - so I tried the next level up and he loved it AND concentrated!

She said that if a child can sit thru something they are interest in be it, puzzles, a TV show, building lego or colouring in a picture they are NOT ADD/ADHD...

You know your child better than anyone else... Maybe the teacher is boring!

Haz

Number of posts : 126
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Tue 7 May 2013 - 18:44

She is old and in my opinion a AFwitch2 but sadly she is also the principal...

and I agree 100% with you, she is lazy and everything needs to be fixed at home, with therapy and medication and I am not only one complaining about her wanting kids (who clearly do not need medication) on medication, because it makes her jobs so much easier, and that is why I lied about the medication!

D can easily watch a whole documentary he is interested in. He can keep
himself busy for hours, playing with his cars etc. The OT that evaluated him said that he can concentrate for 10-15 min.
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top