Disappointment (And a bit of a vent)

Go down

Disappointment (And a bit of a vent)

Post by Ms Quillin on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 9:58

Hi Ladies,

We had an appointment with a SW for next Friday, but i just had a funny feeling that i should mail and ask about her waiting list for caucasian babies as DH is not open to african or coloured babies (yet) So anyway, she came back to me saying that they don't place caucasian babies, only african and coloured. Huge was my disappointment to hear this! So i ended up cancelling the appointment. Now the wait to get on the waiting list continues until further notice. Hopefully we get the appointment in October this year... but holding thumbs to get one sooner.

This is driving me crazy! Bang head Why did we wait so long to get into contact with the SW in the first place? Oh i know, 'cause i was waiting for DH to come around to the idea of adoption. If i had known he would be coming around this year, i would have started the process months ago! On the one hand i blame him for taking so long to come around, but on the other.. i can't really do that, can i? Everyone comes around in their own time i suppose. It's just so frustrating!
In the meantime, i have started taking AD but it doesn't feel like it's working. Only been five or six days though. How long does it take to kick in?

Thanks for listening.

Ms Q
Ms Quillin

Number of posts : 24
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Disappointment (And a bit of a vent)

Post by Adele S on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 12:10

Oh no - That can't be nice to hear when you really had your hopes up

:Sad

Adele S
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 735
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 14:08

Hi Miss Q, I am so sorry things are panning out this way, but maybe its better to wait for October, chances are hubby will have changed his mind about having a baby from another race?

As for AD's, you need to give it at least 4 weeks, and not mix it with alcohol. Its also important to check with your therapist before mixing medication, example you cannot take Champix for smoking if you on AD's. You have my email, pop me an email if you have any questions regarding depression, AD's or just want to talk Hugs
Honey
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 683
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Quillin on Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 6:32

Thanks Honey, will keep in mind. Smile
Ms Quillin

Number of posts : 24
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 6:34

SO sorry - I know the SW we saw recently said sont even try for a white baby there arent any. I know Hannah's hope spent a fortune as much as two IVFs in a private adoption of a white baby.

I hope your DH comes round - I keep seeing the most adorable black and coloured babies around.
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum