Am I the only one....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Am I the only one....

Post by Natasha on Thu 21 Mar 2013 - 16:10

Hi moms I have not posted in a while but lurke all the time here.After the birth of ur babies do you and your partner become closer or distant (intimately) sorry know its a personal question,but I need some advice.Dh and I had maybe been intimate about 2 mths ago,is this weird? We don't have that closeness that we used to have and sometimes irritate each other.Don't know what to do anymore our sexlife is gone.
Natasha
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4976
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one....

Post by LilianJ on Thu 21 Mar 2013 - 16:16

Hey Natasha,

Have you guys been out ALONE, without the kids? I find that, that helps me and dh reconnect. We spend the day/evening together. We just talk and have fun.

It is important for us to make time for each other. It is so easy to get lost in our kids that we forget that we have partners. And we sometimes just take for granted that the other one is there.

Talking to each other after the kids have gone to bed also helps. Spending that extra 30 minutes with each other does wonders.

Hope you and hubby can find that balance again.

Hugs
xxxx
LilianJ
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2594
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey on Fri 22 Mar 2013 - 6:44

This may be TMI but if it makes you feel any better the last time we had any kind of sex life was December last year! Hub medication for bipolar means he has no sex drive of any kind and it makes him a zombie at night. Ive been having serious health issues, plus the new house and Zander means mine is also gone. I have to say though it doesnt bother either of us, except we discussed the fact that it makes TTC very difficult. We are as close as ever aside from the physical part being non existent. I was worried at first, since we are not even married two years, but since neither of us has issues I decided to just let it go. You need to make time for each other, no matter how hard it is. IF you cant do date night, maybe meet up for lunch?
Honey
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 683
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Fri 22 Mar 2013 - 6:50

I dont think y ou are alone two small children takes your energy away. but DH and i have made Friday night our night for connecting - we hire a DVD and snuggle and talk and just give each other our undivided attention. I have found then the rest follows a bit easier when you remember the other person as a person not a parent.
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Fri 22 Mar 2013 - 10:07

Thanks a lot ladies ,really gona take one night of the week just for us,maybe it will rekindle what we had.
Natasha
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4976
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly on Fri 22 Mar 2013 - 10:37

I was thinking about it a couple of days ago, how having children affect your life, marriage and sex life... before we had kids, we had more than enough opportunity
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele S on Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 9:58

lol Lilly - never an excuse Devilish

Adele S
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 735
Mood :
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by emerald on Wed 27 Mar 2013 - 7:30

Tash, i think that most marriages goes through that period. DH and i also went through it where i actually thought of walking out. Glad i stayed, thing are actually gone back to the way we were when we fist met.

emerald
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1530
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by D on Thu 25 Apr 2013 - 14:39

I know this is a late respinse here - but Im glad you mentioned somethng - I feel the same with my DH. We actually spoke about it as well - sex is very important and we are "working" on it - but yea - I thought I was alone in this scenario. I want things to be like they were ...
D
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 630
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by D on Thu 25 Apr 2013 - 14:39

MY SPELLING SUX!!!!!
D
Uber Member