ADOPTION MIRACLES!!!

Go down

ADOPTION MIRACLES!!!

Post by Stacy on Mon 23 Jul 2012 - 8:57

I'm writing today because I'm feeling a little blue! I adopted a baby girl in 2009 privately and knew I was so so lucky but didn't realize how lucky until today!!!

Ive been thinking about trying to start the process again and find a little brother or sister for my child as I sometimes feel an only child is a lonely child. She is turning 4 in October. I contacted Pro-Care who told me that there is a 5 to 10 year waiting list for white babies, and any babies that do come up would go to childless couples first (which is fair!) but basically for me I was told its impossible. They don't even want my details. Apparently they only have 1 or 2 white baby adoptions a year.

Sad news for those of us thinking adoption was our answer. I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but if this was your only option, maybe also concentrate on others!! (if you can) or consider a mixed race or other race baby.

Good Luck ladies!!
xxx

Stacy

Number of posts : 76
Mood :
Registration date : 2010-01-13

http://assistsa.gayl@lantic.net

Back to top Go down

Re: ADOPTION MIRACLES!!!

Post by Shahieda on Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 10:58

Hi there,

We too adopted a little girl in 2007 Imraa just turned 5.
We have been trying to get onto Procare's list since 2009.
Unfortunately were told the same story that it is rather difficult to place babies to Muslim families.

We made the decision to adopt cross culturally in 2010. However due to miscommunication with Procare we were still not allowed on the list. (they were not aware that we were no longer specific).
In Feb this year however they finally got the message and we welcomed our baby girl 3 weeks later.
Nuraa may look completely different but is 100% part of our family!

Should you wish to extend your family, cross culturally is probably the only way these days.

Wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide.
Thumbs Up

Shahieda

Number of posts : 7
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-09-20

Back to top Go down