Confusing Situation - Vasectomy failure?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Confusing Situation - Vasectomy failure?

Post by Anige on Tue 29 May 2012 - 7:39

Hi there, I'm Anige and 30 years old. I have two young children, and wasn't planning on having more children. Not sure where to post because I wasn't TTC. My husband had a vasectomy about 3-4 years ago. Right after that I had a false pregnancy, guess there was a part of me that wanted the future option of more. I went to the doctor and no pregnancy. I was embarrassed but relieved (the memory of labor still fresh in my mind).
About two months ago something prompted me to look up vasectomy failure, out of the blue. I don't know where that came from. I had my normal period and then started feeling really tired for no reason. I'm going to give the symptoms by dpo:

3 dpo - really really tired, and I feel pregnant for no reason.
6 dpo - started spotting for three days (I don't normally spot and it's only visible when I wipe)
8 dpo - ordered a starter and only ate half of it.
9 dpo - very bloated like before menses, which is due in a week, metallic taste in mouth. Cramps
12 dpo - bleeding started early much lighter than usual, three days of which two is brown spotting.
15 dpo - heartburn, nausea, runny nose, sore throat, vivid dreams, still bloated, frequent urination, burning sensation in lower belly, hungry all the time but find it difficult to eat (only mash and toast isn't making me feel like gagging), still fatigued, breasts feel heavy and full, also tender. cramps, strange new cravings.
17 dpo - Real Moody, ovary pain, increased sense of smell, noticed veins on my breasts and they're swollen. have a strong urge to clean, but too tired. Feeling very emotional. Dry mouth. Stuffy nose.
18 dpo - still bloated, areola is changing, extremely thirsty, did a pregnancy test - neg. twinges in abdomen
19 dpo - ovary pain, pressure on ribs when sitting forward too long, still bloated, extreme thirst. Twinges and nipple pain. Nausea from vitamins that have expired.
20 dpo - ovary pain pulling on left side, constipated. loo visits on avarage every day - 12 times, hungry - 8 times (can't eat much, then I feel full and sick), nose bled lightly (very unusual for me), headache, still thirsty (I never drink water, but now drink less coffee which makes me feel queasy and started drinking water.
21 dpo - leg and hip pain, pressure on ribs, constipated, areola is larger, darker and looks like it has a ring around it, it started to puff out at 18 dpo. Also veins underneath the areola, Salivating excessively? Sore throat, cramps. nosebleed.
22 dpo - hunger, thirst, urinating often, hpt - neg.
25 dpo - another nosebleed, fatigue, thirst, cramps, urinating often.
I stopped making notes, but have had diarhea and constipation making turns. Backache and cramps on and off, localised pain behind belly button, pulling pain in pelvic area, line on my stomach (linea nigra), legs have started to go numb if I stand or sit too long. I had a half a glass of wine and a headache a few hours later.
My stomach is larger and has never gone back to it's previous size after the bleeding. It feels firm, but it's not gas. It's feeling full and heavy. I have had the bloating on and off, but it stays large consistently. All the tests I've done are negative. I'm very spiritual, so I asked for a sign from God. Within 15 minutes I saw three babies (my signs always comes in three's).
I know a little reflexology and I can see my uterus area on my foot is swollen, since around the beginning. Logically, I don't believe that I can be pregnant because my husband had a vasectomy and I have been bleeding (although very odd bleeding and at wacky times) My menses was normal before all of this.
I'm trying to figure out whether this could be another false pregnancy. With the previous one, there was just my stomach getting bigger.

Any help and advice would be appreciated. I'm trying to make an appointment to see a doctor, but need a good enough reason for my husband. He thinks I'm a hypochondriac! :confuzzed

Anige

Number of posts : 45
Mood :
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Confusing Situation - Vasectomy failure?

Post by Adele on Tue 29 May 2012 - 7:44

I would recommend going for blood tests to figure out what is making you feel this way.

I remember you said you are in a small town but try to get to a place nearby which has pathologists, or either get to your GP so that he can draw blood and have it sent away or try your gynae.

Ps: Why do you need to give a good reason to be able to go to the Doctor? Why do you need your husband's blessing on that? Just go and try to get to the bottom of all your symptoms.
Adele
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 7710
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele on Tue 29 May 2012 - 7:46

Oh sorry - I didnt read the whole sentence properly. I see you say your husband thinks you are a hypochondriac. Have you had previous illnesses that turned out to be nothing or Why would he think so?
Adele
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Anige on Tue 29 May 2012 - 7:51

I'm not working right now, still at home with my youngest. For me to get to the doctor, hubby needs to take a day off from work and that's near impossible. I don't know anyone here and I'm also broke. He bought the pregnancy tests and he refuses to 'entertain' my psychosis any further Smile . I did go for a bloodtest at the state hospital, but they refused to show me the result, just said it's negative. When I asked what else could this be, they just brushed me off. I know my body, and somethings definitely up.
I had a false pregnancy just after the vasectomy, which is why he feels this is the same.
Anige

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele on Tue 29 May 2012 - 7:57

Something does not sound right to me, but anyway.

I am sorry about your circumstances. I hope whatever it is - that it works out in the end for you.
Adele
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Anige on Tue 29 May 2012 - 7:59

Thank you! I will find out sooner or later. I'm hoping sooner. It's the not knowing that can drive a person crazy.
Anige

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele on Tue 29 May 2012 - 8:05

Yes, which for you is not far away. Nobody can help you or figure out what is happening if you do not go for proper tests. So if you cannot go. Then you should probably let go.
Adele
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Anige on Tue 29 May 2012 - 8:09

It's true, I'm just hoping that someone who has had a false pregnancy can tell me if they had symptoms like these. I have been doing reiki, but it has no effect on the big belly!
Anige

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by elleznom on Tue 29 May 2012 - 8:30

Maybe it's a phantom pregnancy?

*BFP #1! 15/07/2008
1st Beta on 15/07/2008 = 51.2 (4w)
2nd Beta on 19/07/2008 = 258.7 (4w4d)
15/10/2008 - It's a BOY!
Joshua Connor de Villiers born 23/03/2009, weighing 3.21kg, 47cm tall.

*BFP #2! 04/03/2011
1st Beta on 04/03/2011= 225.4 (4w)
2nd Beta on 09/03/2011 = 1293 (4w5d)
26/05/2011 - It's a GIRL!
Marilé Shiloh de Villiers born 09/11/2011, weighing 3.52kg, 48cm tall.
elleznom

Number of posts : 14867
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Tue 29 May 2012 - 8:46

could it be a uterine infection? or somthing else making you swell and feel funny?
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Anige on Tue 29 May 2012 - 8:51

That is very possible, I'm going to google it and see what it's about. I've already ruled out polyps and cysts (to a digree). Thanks for the info.
Anige

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Anige on Tue 29 May 2012 - 8:59

I'm also checking out ovarian cancer, a lot of my symptoms corresponds to this.
Anige

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by elleznom on Tue 29 May 2012 - 9:05

I don't think you should stress yourself up over things you have no confirmation of yet. Rather just go see a doc.

Maybe you are just not ovulating, maybe you have a cyst (you'll have a scan to make sure) maybe you should rather focus on modern medicine and the facts, as appose to funny tricks with reiki and what not's.

I will most definitely rule out pregnancy, look at the odds, your husband had a vasectomy...

*BFP #1! 15/07/2008
1st Beta on 15/07/2008 = 51.2 (4w)
2nd Beta on 19/07/2008 = 258.7 (4w4d)
15/10/2008 - It's a BOY!
Joshua Connor de Villiers born 23/03/2009, weighing 3.21kg, 47cm tall.

*BFP #2! 04/03/2011
1st Beta on 04/03/2011= 225.4 (4w)
2nd Beta on 09/03/2011 = 1293 (4w5d)
26/05/2011 - It's a GIRL!
Marilé Shiloh de Villiers born 09/11/2011, weighing 3.52kg, 48cm tall.
elleznom

Number of posts : 14867
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze on Tue 29 May 2012 - 9:20

Generally if you have ovarian cancer a HPT will come up positive becasue it produces a similar hormone.

So I doubt it's that

I think Kerry might be onto something with the UTI...

Also how recently did you have your LO and are you breast feeding? Becasue that can mess with your cycle

Haze
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8720
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Anige on Tue 29 May 2012 - 9:24

I checked the symptoms and UTI doesn't match. I'm not breastfeeding. What is LO?
Anige

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandri on Tue 29 May 2012 - 9:31

Anige I won't rule anything out just yet. Google is a wonderful tool but can be just as evil. If your DH won't take you to the doc then show him the replies of the ladies that something might be wrong and hopefully he will take you then.

LO stand for little one.

MC - 5 February 2009 (6 weeks)

9 April 2012  BFP first beta 256 (15dpo), second beta 674 (17dpo), third beta 5544.80 (21dpo), heard the heartbeat on 26 April 2012 (123bpm)

16 November 2013 BFP first beta 48.3, second beta 119, third beta 263, fourth beta 1583, fifth beta 8240, heard the heartbeat on 3 December 2013 (111bpm)
Mandri

Number of posts : 10058
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://www.mandri-poasaddict.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karien on Tue 29 May 2012 - 9:34

LO = Little One. In other words, how old are your children?

Why did you keep such extensive notes?

Could also be IBS (spastic colon).
Karien
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1531
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Anige on Tue 29 May 2012 - 9:37

Oh, thank you! Yes, I have a four year old and a almost seven year old. Both little angels. I got some info on the internet that I sent to hubby and he replied. He said I should find out which doctor I can go see. I have heard of a doctor that gives medication and sonograms are included in the appointment (if needed). Apparently he is a very nice doctor who CARES. Not many of those around. I'll probably see him if I can next week.
Anige

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Anige on Tue 29 May 2012 - 9:39

Well, started the notes when I started spotting, that is very unusual for me. There is a lot of breast cancer in my family, so I do regular breast checks and I'm super conscious of my body and any changes going on.
Anige

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Karien on Tue 29 May 2012 - 10:11

Are you on the pill? Could also just be plain old hormones!
Karien
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1531
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Anige on Tue 29 May 2012 - 10:17

No, no medication or the pill. I'm not on any hormonal treatment, or such. Hubby had the vasectomy so we're not using any protection.
Anige

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by BenitaB on Tue 29 May 2012 - 13:05

I'm sorry, but you are clearly confusing me with your confusion....maybe you should not spend so much time on google and rather go and see a doctor first before coming to all of these conclusions, rule them out one by one
BenitaB
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4112
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-10-30

http://www.2bme-benita.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anige on Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 5:53

I went to the doctor yesterday, a very good women's doctor (not GP). Turns out to be a good decision. I told him my situation and he did a sonar. He said there's definitely no fetus, but I have an enlarged uterus and a thickened lining. He took a urine sample and found sugar, an infection and other stuff that made him decide to do a pap smear. He said he will let me know the result, but I might have to get a D & C or a hysterectomy. I really don't want a hysterectomy but I'm thankful to be getting some answers. I knew it was serious, but hopefully it isn't cancer. He didn't mention it but it sounds like a possibility. Thanks for everyone's support.
Anige

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lameez on Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 6:13

Omw Anige I pray that everything will be fine. Good on you for seeing a dr, one can never leave such important issues for long trust me I know what I am talking about.
Lameez
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4427
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://twinkles-thewhole9yards.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BenitaB on Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 6:20

Is a hysterectomy not a bit drastic measure to take for a thickened lining......
I really think you are seeing way more into this than necessary, instead of thinking the worse, relax, rather wait for the result and spare yourself the unnecessary worries
BenitaB
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4112
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-10-30

http://www.2bme-benita.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top