Need to loose someting in the next two weeks

Go down

Need to loose someting in the next two weeks

Post by Kerryw on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 18:27

Off to my friends wedding adn I need to fit into my clothes
so I am really keen to loose 2/3 kg.

I am trying to cut down on carbs and do some more excersize, but struggling with sugar cravings also trying to drink lots of water and herbal tea.

any other suggestions?
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to loose someting in the next two weeks

Post by Adele on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 4:55

It is really difficult Kerry but the best will be to cut down on the carbs and the sugar and fat. What works best for me is to have an apple or a peach if you have a sugar craving. It will pass and it is worth it in the end when you get on that scale and your are down!

Good luck - you can do it!
Adele
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 7710
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lameez on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 5:42

I agree with Adele, with all the time struggling to lose weight the one thing that finally helped me was when I cut out sugar and carbs. It was really difficult but really really worth it in the end.
Lameez
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4427
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://twinkles-thewhole9yards.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 9:45

I have been trying hard to cut down on sugar and mostly during the week I am good. what is hard is everythign has sugar added as an ingriedient!

but I think I must cut my carbs down for the next two weeks so I can loose something
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 10:01

The trick is not to get hungry - eat 6 small meals a day try and have 30 g of protein within half an hour of waking up - like a boiled egg - and then have a small breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and then snack.

Have a protein with every meal - you can have carbs (shock horror) if it is in the morning, or following exercise and it must be a small amount.

wake up - boiled egg
breakfast - half a cup of wholegrain cereal (like all bran flakes) and fat free milk
mid morning - a fruit and a fat free small yoghurt
lunch - slice of rye bread with half an avo, fat free cottage cheese and 150 g grilled chicken breast and a small side salad
dinner - grilled meat, chicken, fish or pork (150 g) skin and fat removed, and a large side salad
snack- fat free jelly and yoghurt

Try and eat every 5 hours and also have 2 l of water - sounds like a lot but if you break it down to one when you wake up one with each meal and two when you go to bed

Haze
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8720
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 10:04

Hey Kerry

What do you mean everything has sugar in?

The stuff Haze mentoined here doesnt contain any sugar. So there you go.

Like Haze's diet cut out carbs in the evenings. I only have carbs in the afternoon for lunch.
Adele
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 10:28

Yup I must cut down on the carbs - they are just so yummy!

if you look at the ingriedients most thigns have sugar added, like there is no bread without sugar, most tinned tomatoes have sugar, soy sauce has sugar added. They also hide the sugar in other names. Like most fat free yogurt has sugar added.

Haze thanks for the ideas - just it sounds so little?? I would starve (also partly cause I cant eat grains (IBS makes me need the loo and bloat) and also I have cut dairy out and I dont like Avo (stupid I know)

But usually my day looks like this

wake up - glass of water
breakfast 1 cup cooked oats (I have recently cut out the honey)
snack cherry tomatoes or fruit and rice cake adn sometimes a sausage
lunch - left overs or meat and rice (chicken and rice)
snack - fruit (apple or banana)
Dinner - meat veg and potatoes or rice or rice pasta
snack - rice crackers

but then inbetween those times I get hungry and really really crave sugar ( I am dreaming of cake, busicutts, chocolate eggs) then what I do is snack either a sausage (for the easy protien) or what I can find.

I am tryign to drink a cup of tea each time I get hungry first (but it is easy to forget or just be convinced you are starving)
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 10:32

It sounds like a little but you eat regularly...

Replace white rice with brown rice

AND NO POTATOES/PASTA/RICE for dinner

for lunch you could have - half a cup of brown rice, with tuna, fat free cottage cheese and a big side salad.

(so a carb -but a good one- protein (tuna, cheese, chicken steak) and then your veg)

Also have a protein as you wake up so with the water have a boiled egg and a slice of ham

Haze
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 10:33

Im a firm believer in the fact if you are craving something sweet go and buy a SMALL (like the two piece) chocolate and eat it.

Haze
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 7:39

I am so difficult haze - I cant eat brown rice it makes my IBS bad (anything with fiber) but also I tried once for 2 days cutting carbs out and I feel asleep at work at 4pm !! for no reason.

But I will cut out carbs at dinner adn rather eat them at lunch when I am hungry

I have some dissolvable fiber which I must add to each meal to make up for not eating much. I am tryign to cut out most dairy as I am a little intolerant and this time of year it gives me a post nasal drip.

I think I need to go to a nutritionist for help. I cant eat rye or lentils or brown rice or split peas. and definitly no wheat.

I crave something sweet too much to eat a little but maybe when I have it better under control.

Yesterday I ate 3 apples and drank 3 cups of tea tryign to resist the cravings. but I did it Smile
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele on Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 8:03

Kerry - I was a big sugar addict. I am talking about having a chocolate every single night and then sweets like jelly beans throughout the day, hot chocolate, coke and cookies at night with coffee!

I started cutting out sugar and believe me - it gets better. You get through it and I don't crave it like I used to. I have days where I feel like a chocolate but I have a fruit instead and move on. It really gets better with time (I also try to cut out the sugars like you referred to tinned tomatoes etc - I use fresh tomatoes to replace it)

I think the nutritionist is the best idea!
Adele
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sash on Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 8:03

Maybe go see a dietician, they know what works best for people with IBS etc. Something that works for pear-shape people wont always work for the upside-down-pear-shape such as myself....
I went to a dietician soon after E's birth and within a few weeks learnt I can't use sugar at all, it makes me sleepy. She asked me some questions and then gave me my eating plan and told me to cut out sugar and on days i did i had so much energy and felt great, no cravings and didn't get hungry.
Then i went to a kiddies b-day party, had a small piece of peppermint crisp tart and 90mins later i was sleeping.
Tested it a few times after that and everytime +/-90mins after something sweet I was sleepy.
Potatoes have a similar effect so I had to make some serious changes and I'm 20kg down, mostly pg weight, but still a lot.
Sash
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1601
Mood :
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze on Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 8:22

a dietician is a good idea but having said that if you are craving sugar a dietician isn't going to take that away.

You are going to have to some how try and cut it down until you don't want it anymore - I think a lot of it has to do with "if i'm not allowed it - I want it more"

So instead of saying - I can't have ANY sugar - maybe start small - so if you have 3 sugars in your coffee - have two for a week, then cut down to one and a half - and then one and then half and then none.

The more sugar you have the more your body will want - your body in a way gets addicted to sugar - so you'll crave sugar (generally when you are feeling a bit tired) it'll give you that push and you'll feel awake for say 30 minutes when it spikes and then you'll crash (like Sash) and feel even more tired so your body will crave more sugar - it's a vicious cycle!

Get a chromium and cinnamon supplement.

Try having a good sugar (fruits) and even honey .... you want to have a "good" sugar that will give you the energy but it will release uniformly so you don't get that "crash" and crave more - ideally have it with a protein which will help the sugar release even slower and more "evenly" - try apple wedges with some peanut butter.

It's not easy and it's a constant battle

Haze
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 9:27

Sash that sounds good

Haze I am insulin resistant and have been since I can remember ( my mom eventually gave up and never bought anything with sugar as I would find it and eat it). I remember hiding under the dining room table eating a tin of condensed milk my mom thought she had hidden. I was not allowed pocket money as I would buy sweets.

But yes the cravigns get better the longer you go with out sugar. adn fruit gives me some help. I also want to get better with stevia adn xylitol so even onthe weekends when I have a treat it is better. Than startign from scratch which I am doing after easter.

I am on 5HTP and Chromium and biotin but I took a break from glucophage I think perhaps it is time to go back on.
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down