Alysssia's Arrival

Go down

Alysssia's Arrival

Post by Desperate C on Tue 6 Mar 2012 - 7:23

Hello Ladies !

While I have 10 mins to myself I thought I'd give a very brief account of how I became a mom !

Ok. So on 16 Feb my cot and compactum finally arrived after a lot of arguing ! My plan wwas to do final nursery decorations the next day. Whole day on thursday I had braxton hicks (no worse than before) and backache (also normal at that stage)

So friday morning I wake up at 3:30 for the usual loo visit. I start with the braxton hicks again, but they were not painful, and my hoo haa was a bit sore (not suprising since madam had her head well and firmly placed on my cervix). So, while uncomfortable, it was nothing new. Got back into bed and just couldn't get comfy. At 4 I get up for the loo again. When I get to loo I see clear fluid running down my legs. So for a minute I just stood there in shock.

After recovering from that I go and wake DH and tell him my waters have broke. His reesponse of 'are u sure' was not helpful at all. So after confirming that I am very sure he jumps out of bed, grabs the stem cell kit and is ready to go - except he's barefoot and in his pjs. So I send him to get dressed while I call the gynae who says to go straight to labour ward.

On the way there the contractions started. 4 mins apart. Yikes. Both DH and I know what this means, but pretend we don't. DH freaking out cause I'm only 36 wks and 3 day - he's worried baby may not be ready. Heck we aren't ready !

Ok, so we get to Sandton clinic by 4:30 and labour sister does internal and a non stress test. Results show my bp sky high, I'm contracting like crazy and baby's head can be felt, oh and I'm fully dilated. So she says baby on her way. Both DH and I were fine, cause as far as we are concerned the dr is on his way, we having a caesar. So the nurse (who was actually very sweet) says no my dear, this baby is coming out the other way. I look at her and say 'no she's not' . Then I start telling DH what drugs I do and don't want for the c-sxn. By now the contractions are hurting like hell.

In walks dr - yay ! Let my caesar begin. Dr does internal and delivers the verdict - no c-sxn , I'm too far gone and by the time they assemble everyone baby will be here -WTF ! Shock 1. Ok. Right. Fine. Then can I please have an epidural cause this pain is crazy ! Shock # 2 - no epidural. At the stage I'm at epidural will make babs drowsy, and bcos she early he doesn't want to risk it. So thet tell NICU to get ready for us. So I actively start pushing at 5am. I think I passed out for brief moments at time - I really can't remember. All I recall is DH telling me he can see the head and the dr, nurse and DH telling me to push.

So Alyssia arrives at 6:22 with lungs that I can hear that are more than capable. She has all her bits and pieces and scores 8, 9 and 10 on her tests. Then comes the next shocker - she doesn't act or look like a prem baby! In fact the sister refuses to believe she's a prem baby, only when gynae confirms it does she begin to believe. No-one can believe how big she is and that she's ok. DH and I both burst out crying cause she's fine. Another call to NICU to tell them we won't be coming after all - what a relief.

Gynae begins to stich me up as I have a lovely tear, while DH and I bond with Alyssia.
We go home 2 days later.

Now at 18 days old we are exhausted, sleep deprived, wondering if we even know what we are doing, but so in love with our princess.

We gather we must be doing ok since she has gone from 3.36kg at birth, to 3.26 kg at discharge to 3.55. Kg at 2 weeks.

Paed was worried about underactive thyroid at birth, but thankfully that and her jaundice have all settled.

It's hard work, but it's so worth it !

Good luck to all the other ladies !
Desperate C
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1118
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Alysssia's Arrival

Post by Jasmine786 on Tue 6 Mar 2012 - 8:09

Aww Sweet man!!! Please post some pics of your little lady!

Wow, your labour went very quick! Sorry that you could not get ant drugs, but I am sure by now all the pain is forgotten!

Enjoy your littel angel.
Jasmine786
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2246
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Alleycat on Tue 6 Mar 2012 - 8:24

I am so happy for you my friend!! Thank you for sharing
Alleycat
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4372
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele on Tue 6 Mar 2012 - 9:49

Wonderful!

Lovely story and please post some pics!
Adele
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 7710
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Zee on Tue 6 Mar 2012 - 10:13

Oh WOW, thanks so much for sharing with us!!
Zee
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3182
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kajol on Tue 6 Mar 2012 - 11:14

Shew, what a quick and easy birth. glad she was well too!
thanks for sharing
kajol
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3626
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetpea on Wed 7 Mar 2012 - 13:18

Awesome story...couldn't help but laugh at ur DH ready to go in his pj's.Smile
Enjoy every second!

sweetpea
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2729
Mood :
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky on Thu 8 Mar 2012 - 7:09

Such a lovely story! thanks for sharing :woman:
Twinky
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1060
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix on Thu 8 Mar 2012 - 11:11

lovely birth story. and fyi it's farken hard work not just hard work. good luck and enjoy.
Nix
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4142
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Mich on Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 9:26

ahhhh what a lovely story, thanks for sharing. things dont always go according to plan, but you are really lucky to have experieced natural birth. im so glad your little Alyssia didnt have to go into NICU xx enjoy every moment with her xx
Mich
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 5910
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by elleznom on Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 11:05

Awesome story! Congrats!

*BFP #1! 15/07/2008
1st Beta on 15/07/2008 = 51.2 (4w)
2nd Beta on 19/07/2008 = 258.7 (4w4d)
15/10/2008 - It's a BOY!
Joshua Connor de Villiers born 23/03/2009, weighing 3.21kg, 47cm tall.

*BFP #2! 04/03/2011
1st Beta on 04/03/2011= 225.4 (4w)
2nd Beta on 09/03/2011 = 1293 (4w5d)
26/05/2011 - It's a GIRL!
Marilé Shiloh de Villiers born 09/11/2011, weighing 3.52kg, 48cm tall.
elleznom

Number of posts : 14867
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dishearten on Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 13:56

Thanks for sharing your wnderful experience with us. Enjoy motherhood!
Dishearten
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 848
Mood :
Registration date : 2011-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down