Adoption Glossary

Go down

Adoption Glossary

Post by DJMommy on Thu 31 Jul 2008 - 17:45

Three Types of Adoptions:

1.An open adoption keeps both birthparents and parents in contact with each other. This can vary greatly in scope, and involves anything from occassional pictures and letter to scheduled visits with the birthparents. This type of adoption is becoming more popular. It can also be emotionally taxing for all parents involved, and possibly confusing for the child. However, this form of adoption can help to prevent confusion for the child as he grows older, because nothing has been hidden from the start.

2.A closed adoption provides no commication between the birthparents and the parents. This type of adoption allows each set of parents to move on with their lives without looking back, and never creates any ties that would otherwise have to be broken. This situation elminates possible confusion for the child having to cope with two sets of parents, as in an open adoption.

3.A private adoption is one in which the no adoption agency is involved. The birthparents and parents deal directly with each other, though often still with legal assistance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

International Adoption

An international adoption means the child lives in a different country from the parents.

Special Needs Children

Many adoptions involve special needs children. This term includes a much wider range of needs than you might expect. Physically and mentally handicapped children fall into this category.

Biracial Adoption

Children whose birthparents are of different races. Unfortunately, these children are often not as sought after as single-race children.

Home Study

One of the first steps for the future parents is to schedule a home study. This is usually a requirement of the state, and is intented to verify that the couple is able to parent.

Adoption Agency

A social services organization that provides counseling and other assistance to birthparents. If the birthparents decide to place their child for adoption, the agency can also help them choose the new parents. A state social services department can also function much like an agency.

9x DIUI
3x Laparoscopies
1x Hysteroscopy
AMH: 0.6
1x IVF (Sept 09)
1st Beta 20/09/09: 208
2nd Beta 21/09/09:290
3rd Beta 25/09/09: 1985
4th Beta 29/09/09: 10318
TWINS!
DJMommy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 15278
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-01

http://myttclife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adoption Glossary

Post by Ilze on Thu 31 Jul 2008 - 19:42

:Hi2:

:Thanks2: it look great

:Jump:
Ilze
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8208
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyg on Sat 16 Jan 2010 - 19:36

what does OPM stand for?
tracyg

Number of posts : 22
Mood :
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilze on Sat 16 Jan 2010 - 20:18

Our Precious Moments
Ilze
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8208
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyg on Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 8:29

haha! thanks.

I clicked that that is what it meant while lying in bed last night. Kinda a dumb moment on my part.. Rolling Eyes
tracyg

Number of posts : 22
Mood :
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down