Need help re adoption

Go down

Need help re adoption

Post by TTB on Mon 22 Nov 2010 - 14:30

Hi Ladies,

A friend of ours sister found out she is pregnant (12wks) and they know our situation so she phoned me to ask if we would like to adopt the baby cause her sister will not be able to take care of the baby. DH and I are considering this but don't know how to go about it re the legal way.

Can any of you assist us? Do we have to go through a adoption agency and what will the procedure be?
TTB

Number of posts : 90
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-08-13

http://karinbritzmemoriesoflife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Need help re adoption

Post by Landie on Mon 22 Nov 2010 - 14:36

jippie dit klink na goeie nuus!! hoop iemand kan julle help. ek dink jy moet dalk 'n maatskaplike werker kontak, maar is nie seker nie.

xxxx
Landie
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 5144
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandora on Mon 22 Nov 2010 - 20:00

Rather use a social worker. There are so many legal things that have to be done, and they know it all. Especially with the new child act. If you do go ahead with this, you need to know what you are in for, and what could happen, and also be informed about the different types of adoption (open, non disclosure etc). All parties need to be counselled and know their rights. At the end of the day, a lot of emotions are involved, and there is a lot of potental for people to get hurt. Good luck, sounds exciting!

Pandora

Number of posts : 68
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmen on Tue 23 Nov 2010 - 7:50

Hi Karen, as Pandora said, you need a social worker.
A social worker who is excellent there - Zoe Cohen (011) 8837887 / 0825540625. Apparently she is the best in Joburg. Good luck! Smiley
Carmen
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 856
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindie on Wed 24 Nov 2010 - 9:55

Good luck. I know one of my friends are also adopting via friends but this can get frustrating. I see them going through all these things and wonder if I will be able to do it one day but I am sure if you know what you are doing it for, it will help you!!! Smile

I know that you have to go to a psychologist for adoption screening and then you have to go to the police to have a back ground check for you and hubby. This takes a while.

You will also be paying for the babies mother to go to a psychologist for a couple of times so she is ready to give her baby up for adoption.

I also know that my friends can only get their baby three months after birth. There is a waiting period and the baby stays at a kangro mom.
I have heard it is not the case with everyone, but please ask your social worker.

I hope this helps a bit. Smile

Good luck.
Lindie

Number of posts : 155
Mood :
Registration date : 2010-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down