November - Adoption Awareness Month

Go down

November - Adoption Awareness Month

Post by Hopeful on Thu 30 Sep 2010 - 10:38

Wave Hi all, I know SA does not formerly celebrate or acknowledge adoption awareness month (November), however, does anyone know of any activities or events that is planned for November to promote the awareness of adoption?

Thank you
Hopeful

Number of posts : 47
Mood :
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: November - Adoption Awareness Month

Post by Kerryw on Fri 1 Oct 2010 - 8:06

No sorry did not realise Nov was adoption month
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopeful on Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 8:52

:Stars2: November is ADOPTION AWARENESS MONTH (unfortunately still unofficial in South Africa), however, it is a month set aside to raise awareness about the adoption of children, to promote positive perceptions surrounding adoption and to celebrate the unique joys of creating families through adoption. It is encouraged that all adoptive families participate and promote awareness of adoption through simple everyday activities. The activities should be fun and be enjoyed by the whole family!

Herewith some examples of everyday activities that you and me can do e.g. read an adoption specific book and if you are a member of a book club suggest the entire group read an adoption specific book; celebrate your child's heritage through a new recipe/cultural dance/traditional fairytales; ask your local library/bookstore to feature adoption-related books the month of November and encourage them to place these books in the entrance to garner the most attention; introduce the subject of adoption to your child's school/day-care by talking to their classmates about adoption; blog about adoption awareness (as I'm doing here), and if you have personal experience, share with others, as you never know who you can touch and how you can change someone's perspective; remember those who helped with your adoption - send a financial donation to the orphanage/institution which was your child's home prior to adoption, send a thank you card to your social worker, send a special gift to the birthparents (if possible) etc.

Be creative and have fun!!

Flower smile
Hopeful

Number of posts : 47
Mood :
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix1407 on Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 8:55

Wow!!!!!!!! Thanks for letting us know :woman:

INTERNATIONAL ADVOCATE OF DUCKLIPPING FOR EVERYONE
Nix1407

Number of posts : 8883
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by michmac on Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 11:54

Thanks Hopeful, i didn't even know that it was :Embarassed, we learn something new every day and thanks for the awesome ideas will definitely be using some of them!
michmac
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2008
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down