V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3146
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello, New and Nervous

Post by Tasha on Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 12:30

Hi Sheena

Thank you for the warm welcome and such a wonderful history of ur experience I really feel now that I have come to the right place. I was trying to battle this problem on my own for so long, I feel so weak and drained.

Thank you all for the support and strength, I will accept any advise on treatments, weight loss, recommended doctors (in durban), vitamins....
Please help, i need to know where to start.....

Thanks Ladies.... you guys are real inspirations and true angels... :angelpray1:
Tasha

Number of posts : 9
Mood :
Registration date : 2010-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha on Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 12:34

Hey Natasha

We seem to have a lot in common, we are almost twins LOL Smile....

Which doctor may I ask are you seeing in Durban? or any advise would be greatly appreciated Flower smile
Tasha

Number of posts : 9
Mood :
Registration date : 2010-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena on Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 13:47

Tasha, I think your first thing to do is to find a Dr that acknowledges PCOS and knows how to manage it. Let him/her run all the relevant tests to establish hormone levels, insulin resitance, whether you are ovulating on your own etc and get onto the right treatment for that if need be.

If you are battling with insulin resistance I would also suggest getting onto a low GI eating plan as this really does help with it. It does not have to be a major diet, a way of life that you are comfortable with that incorporates Low GI carbs.

In my case the first gynae I went to never tested anything. I did not ovulate (he did test that) and I never had a period so he said here is a pack of Provera (forces menstruation) and then we will put you onto Clomid (fertility drug) for 3 cycles and come back and see me if nothing happens.

DAH, when I finally had all the tests done with a REAL Dr, it showed that my Progesterone levels were almost non existant which would make it next to impossible for me to fall pregnant and even if by some chance I did, I would miscarry in early stages, so no amount of clomid would have actually done anything. Wasted money, emotions and all that goes with it.

The other thing I would suggest (which we have not done yet but MUST) is to get your husband tested. Let them do a sperm analysis and just check that all is okay there. Often woman go through all the test and it is the husband who actually has a few problems of his own.

Rule out the basics before you start spending fortunes and putting yourself through all the tests.

Things will come right. PCOS just needs to be managed correctly. It is not infertility but just makes things a little harder for us!
Sheena
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8733
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw on Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 19:25

Hi good luck

I have a dentist who is very similar.I never go.
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 6:17

Tasha wrote:Hey Natasha

We seem to have a lot in common, we are almost twins LOL Smile....

Which doctor may I ask are you seeing in Durban? or any advise would be greatly appreciated Flower smile
Hi tasha,im actually staying in jhb,moved up a couple of years ago.
Natasha
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4976
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by meganm1 on Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 10:44

welcome welcome welcome! no need to be scare or nervous! we all here for each other that's why this fourm exists! hope you have a great time here.. xx
meganm1
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1540
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-03-23

http://www.confettiweddings.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down