My Update

Go down

My Update

Post by Carmen on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 10:19

Hi,

Just an update. I heard from the SW today. She is going to put a recommendation in for the next adoption board meeting that we do not want to have fertility treatment. So hopefully they will accept our choice and we can go on the adoption list. All we can do now is pray that they do. She still thinks I need to take a holiday to look after a baby to encourage a spontaneous pregnancy Bang head

Thank you to all the ladies for your replies. flowerhi
Carmen
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 856
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: My Update

Post by tracyg on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 11:28

My question is

What welfare in their right mind, will lend a complete stranger a baby to look after for a weekend/holiday?!?! Dunno
tracyg

Number of posts : 22
Mood :
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmen on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 12:28

Hi Tracy,

I don't think she means from welfare. Not sure where she thinks I must get a baby from actually. Anyway it's not going to happen
Carmen
Uber Member
Uber Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 12:31

She still thinks I need to take a holiday to look after a baby to encourage a spontaneous pregnancy

Well I still think they are being Censored

I feel it's a slap in the face for anyone who wants to adopt to tell them to 1st take a break or babysit a few children. Really. Is it only our country or what?

Give a baby / child a chance on a happy loving home instead of telling the adoptive parents to take a holiday and maybe get a spontaneous pregnancy.

Once again. I ask myself WTF WTF WTF WTF
Adele
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 7710
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah's Hope on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 12:55

Amen to that Adele!!! CLC, to be quite honest if I were you I would have told that lady what to do with my adoption application. I have a few places in mind where she can shove....... Never mind.

I honestly don't think these people have the emotional intelligence, the professionalism or the know-how to assist you.

I would really seriously consider other options (like Procare or a private SW) if I were you.......

I'm so sorry you have to go through this!!!
Hannah's Hope
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 712
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-08-13

http://hannahamos7.wix.com/almostpregnant

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmen on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 13:01

Hi Hannah,

Jaidin is so cute!!

Thanks for your reply. I am considering a private SW. The more and more I think about this, the more irate I'm getting and seeing the light to rather change to a private SW!

Just cannot understand why they make it so difficult for good people who want to adopt. At least it makes us stronger as parents one day .....
Carmen
Uber Member
Uber Member

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 13:10

I agree with everything everyone has said.

Are these people just thick or what?

There are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many children out there in need of a loving home. How many other prospective parents have they told the same story to?

I know our situations are totally different but if ONE more person tells me to relax, take a holiday and it will happen, I think I may kick their teeth in.

I agree with Hannah... maybe look private etc. It is not like adoption is not a stressful enough process without the likes of that SW.

I can't remember who it was but another couple on this forum were trying to adopt and the SW told them they were too overweight and they needed to lose weight before they could adopt. I mean COME ON??????????????
Sheena
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8733
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilze on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 13:27

It was me and Hubby Sheena. The problem with these people is they normally don't know what or how difficult it is to fall pregnant and if it seems like you have money then yah your road is without hassles.

The more and more I think about our situation I think if we smoothered the SW with gifts and so on, we would have a baby in 3 months time.
Ilze
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8208
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix1407 on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 13:29

:confused seriously, are people that misinformed that they think taking a holiday to look after a baby somehow helps one fall pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, because sex equals a baby everytime!?!?!?! Clearly this person has never struggled to fall pregnant.

I'm so sorry that you have to go through all this cr&p doll. It's just NOT fair.

INTERNATIONAL ADVOCATE OF DUCKLIPPING FOR EVERYONE
Nix1407

Number of posts : 8883
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandora on Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 16:39

If that theory were true, there would be a lot of pregnant babysitters, nursery school teachers etc. etc. When would they be able to do their job??
We used a private SW in the Cape as well, and she was wonderful. I really recommend her, if anyone wants her name, PM me.

Pandora

Number of posts : 68
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down