Way overdue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Way overdue

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Jan 2010 - 19:14

Trying to have Nicole was not as easy as having her in our lives has been.

We were married in December 2005. I was really young (22), so put of kiddies for a few years. However, in June 2007 we decided we were ready, and I went off the Pill. On 12 September 2007, we POAS and we were pregnant. A blood test confirmed it. At 6 weeks, i started spotting, and went to the gynae. He did a scan and said immediately that he was 70% sure something was wrong. I felt like someone punched me in the gut. I found out afterwards that the issue was the size of the gestational sac, which was teeny. He sent me for a beta, which came back high, so he said we'll give it 2 weeks, and then I should come back for another scan. He put me on Utrogestan, and I had to have another beta before my 8 weeks scan. I cried for 2 solid weeks, did my beta, which was 150 higher than the 6 weeks beta. What p-ed me off is that this guy could have sent me for a follow up two days after the 6 week beta, where he would have seen the low count! anyhow, water under the bridge. i had a d&C on 12 october 2007.

We were told to wait one cycle. We started TTC again in December and found out we were pregnant on 1 January 2008. Very ironic!! I went for my 6 week scan, where we saw a much bigger sac and a baby, but no heartbeat. Doc said it was too early, but the sad fact is my baby was already dead. At about 8 weeks I started bleeding very lightly. My miscarriage was confirmed 2 days later, as my baby and everything else was just gone when doc did the scan. I had another D&C on 31 January 2008.

My doctor found (afterwards) that I was not immune to rubella. So I had the MMR-vac in February 2008, and we had to wait 'till May 2008 to start TTC again. I switched to a new gynae, who I love to death, and who said given my history, we had 5 months of homework, after which we would start treatment (in October 2008, in other words). Literally month 4 we found out we were pregnant again, on 1 September 2009. I was on Utrogestan and Ecotrin. Our first scan was at 8 weeks, as I have vowed never to have another 6 week scan in my life, on 29 September 2009, the 9 year anniversary of the day my husband asked me out for the first time, and 28 weeks later my darling was born!

Back to top Go down

Re: Way overdue

Post by Robyn on Fri 29 Jan 2010 - 6:29

I agree with you - no 6 week scans!!
I was even considering not scanning until 12 weeks!!
Rolling Eyes
Lovely story.
Robyn
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 943
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmom on Fri 29 Jan 2010 - 6:38

Wub

Tmom
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1891
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bane on Fri 29 Jan 2010 - 6:44

ohh yeah, i think there is something wrong with 6weeks cause, i also started spotting at 6weeks, so girls i guesse NO MORE 6WEEKS...
Jahni, your story is just beautiful, u are giving us hope as well that 1 day our turn will come.. Bear love
Bane
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1923
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandy on Fri 29 Jan 2010 - 11:01

Thanks for sharing.
Sandy
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4766
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Dooi on Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 8:58

Wonderful story... yet, another miracle! x
Dooi
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10660
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele on Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 14:42

Ag wonderlik. en kyk net hoe pragtig is Nicci! Prinses
Adele
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 7710
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Denny on Mon 1 Feb 2010 - 14:45

WOW
i am so very glad for you guys!!!
who is your gynae? i am considering switching...
thanks for sharing your story with us all on OPM!!!
much love!
Denny

Number of posts : 71
Mood :
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top