Slightly late introduction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Slightly late introduction

Post by Stacy on Fri 15 Jan 2010 - 13:21

Hi all.

Ive been chatting but havent really introduced myself so when I saw the heading thought I should!!!

My hubby and I have been married for 12 years and TTC on and off for about 8 years now. We give up hope every now and then, and he also works away from home at times (construction) so kind of messes with the timetable!!! I was diagnosed with PCOS at about 24 and recommended fertility treatment. At that ago I didnt want kids and had just gotten married and was still enjoying the freedom of a child free life so ran out that gynaes room in such a rush, never to return!! A few years later and a few gynaes later, I did one round of Clomid but that overstimulated my ovaries!!

I dont really think that I have PCOS "bad" as i still menstruate every month and have all the ovulation symptoms mid cycle, but I dont know if the eggs are "released" even if you get the symptoms ??? Maybe someone can help with that question. I am overweight, but do not have excess facial hair, or acne or any other S&S of the PCOS! I do feel guilty because its a lifestyle disease and I feel that Ive caused this on myself! Dunno .

I consulted Dr Ramdeo at the westville Care clinic in december 2008 and DH and I started the procedure of blood, sperm tests, exams etc and I was booked in for a lap and then our lives changed forever!!!!

Earlier that year, a young couple working at my fathers company fell pregnant and gave birth to twins on the 28th Oct 08 and were not prepared for the change in their lives (emotionally, physically or financially). It was very sad and for my sister and I (who also suffers from PCOS) to stand by and watch this, we just couldnt believe or understand how having babies is taken so much for granted and was not a special thing for them at all. Not even the miracle of twins budged their social lifestyles and when the babies became very sick (malnourished and neglected), we offered to babysit for a week, giving them time to clean up their living space and hopefully miss their babies!! well to cut a long story short, whenever we took the babies back, they were given back to us!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a very emotional and confusing time for us as we were then approached by them to adopt the babies! What a long and emotional journey adoption is, social workers, court dates, 60 day waiting periods, biological parents!!!! but worth every tear!

Anyway, its a year later, the babies are ours (one for me and one for my sister) and the joys of our lives!! With loads of love and care in the beginning, their health problems are a thing of the past and they are really energetic little girls that keep us all on our toes!!!

Cassidy (my baby) and Tamara (my sisters baby) are now 14 months old and I feel ready to start thinking about re-starting the fertility route again!!! I still yearn to be pregnant and have a baby!! And Im sure Cassidy would have such fun with a little brother or sister!! Ive started with eating healthier and drinking more water and will probably go back to the CARE clinic with my tail inbetween my legs mid year!!! The poor staff probably wonder what happened to us!!!

So theres my story, A very shortened version of it!!! I hope to chat to you all for a long time to come and also leave the TTC lounge one day!!!

Love Stacy
Stacy

Number of posts : 76
Mood :
Registration date : 2010-01-13

http://assistsa.gayl@lantic.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Slightly late introduction

Post by TarrynT on Fri 15 Jan 2010 - 13:28

Hey Stacy. Welcome. What a lovely story. But now just 1 question. Does your sister live with you?
TarrynT
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 6490
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DJMommy on Fri 15 Jan 2010 - 14:44

Hi again Stacy!!

9x DIUI
3x Laparoscopies
1x Hysteroscopy
AMH: 0.6
1x IVF (Sept 09)
1st Beta 20/09/09: 208
2nd Beta 21/09/09:290
3rd Beta 25/09/09: 1985
4th Beta 29/09/09: 10318
TWINS!
DJMommy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 15278
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-01

http://myttclife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcakes on Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 20:18

Welcomegroup
cupcakes

Number of posts : 272
Mood :
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lameez on Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 7:19

Welcome to OPM and I am also a fellow PCOS sufferer, my advise you don't have all the symptoms of PCOS, but it can become better. Good luck with ttc'ing and holding thumbs that you will get that little boetie/sussie for your gorgeous daughter!
Lameez
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4427
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://twinkles-thewhole9yards.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anel on Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 8:06

Hi there Welcome
Anel
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 860
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacy on Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 8:28

HI there TarrynT.

No, my sister doesnt live with me, although we both live in westville, work together so see each other every day and have the girls in the same creche so they are together every days except for the occasional weekend that we do not get together!!!

Unfortunately the biological parents would not let one of us adopt both babies and we were willing to go on their terms just to get the babies away and into safer environments!! We will try make up for the separation in their lives though by same schools etc and we are a very close family so are together A LOT!!!

Just hope there is no psychological damage from it, but I dont think so as we dont see any difference in moods or changes in the babies etc when we have been tegether and seperate!! maybe they think they just close buddies!!! Lets hope. But we will tell them the truth so they will know early that they are Cousins??sisters etc!!! Complicated hey!
Stacy

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by TarrynT on Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 8:29

Absolutely not complicated at all, im sure they will be fine. You are amazing!! I live in La lucia so also a KZN girl.
TarrynT
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 6490
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacy on Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 8:46

Oh great!!! Nowhere like Durbs!!! Dont think I will ever leave!!! Even the humidity cannot chase me away!!!

Im new on the OPM website. Does the little colourful banner under your messages mean you are pregnant??? And showing how far along you are?
Stacy

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by CarienJ on Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 12:49

Hi there

Welcome Stacy :Hi2:
CarienJ

Number of posts : 433
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-07-30

http://www.caroz.co.za

Back to top Go down

Welcome 2 opm, ur story is very remarkable. I hope GOD wil bless u one day. He desires only the best for you u r the apple of his eye.

Post by Kgaladi on Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 15:28

:woman:

Kgaladi
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1532
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 18:13

Welcomegroup

Back to top Go down