Playgroup/ Creche

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playgroup/ Creche

Post by SusanF on Mon 6 Oct 2008 - 12:40

Hi All

Was just wondering how many of you have children at a playgroup or creche? how old they were when they started and how long it took them to settle down? My LG is 20 months old and started a playgroup 3 weeks ago, and just isn't settling.

Thanks
Sue

SusanF

Number of posts : 18
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Playgroup/ Creche

Post by Annalene on Wed 8 Oct 2008 - 12:11

Hi Sue,

My daughter now 3 started creche at 1 year of age. The 1st few months were difficult, but now she enjoys it very much. They learn a lot and they also need the friends. Just keep on taking her it will pay off on the long run.
Annalene
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1961
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SusanF on Thu 9 Oct 2008 - 5:57

Thanks Annalene - I'm really hoping it comes right before this next baby comes x

SusanF

Number of posts : 18
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by smiley on Thu 9 Oct 2008 - 7:03

Hi
My first born went to creche at 9 months and my second born went at 4 months. The younger they are when they go the easier it is for them.
smiley
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 529
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammy on Sat 8 Aug 2009 - 7:04

Hi susanf

I am an Educarer, (early childhood development practioner) what i have noticed with new children starting at a school is that, yes they dont want to be left there, think how you feel in a new situation all by yourself and now a child has to do this! Its not easy on these children, BUT the sooner they get settled the better. Dont give in to her unsettledness just stick to it and it will eventually pass.
There is one thing i always used to tell the parents of children who were very upset about school is, the sooner you leave the better. Tell the teacher you are just gona drop the child off in the morning and leave. And do it, trust me, before you even get to the car she will have stopped. Give her to the teacher, give her a kiss goodby and leave. If you have to stand outside the class were she cant see you for you to hear she has settled, then do so. But the saying that goes the sooner parents leave the less tears shed. Is a very true quote.
All the best and keep us updated.
xxx
Tammy

Number of posts : 373
Mood :
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmom on Sat 8 Aug 2009 - 12:33

Hi Sue!

my LO did the same just make sure it is quick and do say goodbye that is most important so she can trust you to come back again.
Cmom
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2671
Mood :
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top